IGNORED

Merry Xmas from Australia

Ajax

White Christmas, eh? Here in eastern Pennsylvania it hit 70 degrees F yesterday; 65 is predicted for today, 67 for Sunday, and I'm wondering whether to mow the lawn (still green). Not that I mind wearing T-shirts at a time of year when we're usually worried whether we'll have power through the blizzard, but how strange it feels....

+1 .. this is practically a Christmas miracle ;)

Merry Christmas y'all.

I agreed with Ajax about about not making this a thread about loss. But seriously, you apparently live in the United States and are calling this a Christmas miracle? I have lived in the same house for 22 years and this is only the second time we have had no snow for Christmas. But that is less than nothing beside the terrible, personal loss associated with my friends father. Here in Michigan, they are already projecting a $30 million dollar loss, since the ski resorts have been unable to open at all for the huge, normal ski season, from Thanksgiving to New Years. And holiday related suicides have quadrupled, per this morning's news report due to the unforgiving dark, rainy, snowless days continuing non stop.

Yes, certainly a Christmas Miracle

JC

Yes, I live in Pennsylvania just north of Jud, which is why I quoted his post. No, I did not call our weather a Christmas miracle but jokingly said it was "practically" a Christmas miracle .. meaning "nearly" or "almost" in this context. I live in an area which also has ski resorts and are financially impacted by this warm weather. On the other hand, last year our winter was quite snowy and brutally cold. So cold, in fact, that while the resorts could make snow (didn't really need to) it was much too cold for many skiers, thus impacting business. I feel for those who rely on seasonal weather for their living and did not mean to offend you, your friend, or you friend's father. BTW, my life has been affected more than once by suicide and I don't feel the need for rebuke from anyone JC. Still, I hope you had a nice holiday.

Peace.

Melvin,

I apologize for the tone of my comments. I had just come back from a visit to my friends home where her father is more clearly than previously, in the last stages, and seeing this wonderful man in such a state, and hearing his mumbled comment about no real Christmas caused an overly emotional response from me. I also lost my best friend, of more than thirty years, about eight years ago, to a suicide at this time of year, and that also heightened my sensitivities.

I hope you also had a good holiday, and wish you the best of New Years.

JC

JC .. you are not alone, the holiday season is a difficult time of year for many of us. Thank you for taking the time to explain. I wish you all the best in 2016 and beyond.