IGNORED

Merry Xmas from Australia

Ajax

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas and a big thank you to all the contributors here at CA. I read CA everyday and can't tell you how much I appreciate what I have learnt and how much the sound of my system has improved.

But best of all I enjoy the banter and camaraderie.

Enjoy the holidays.

Ajax

PS I live in Sydney but back in Adelaide for Christmas (where I grew up) and it was 42.3C (108F) here over the weekend.... a bit warmer than where most of CA are from.

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

PS I live in Sydney but back in Adelaide for Christmas (where I grew up) and it was 42.3C (108F) here over the weekend.... a bit warmer than where most of CA are from.

My heart goes out to the people of Adelaide who are just recovering from 4 successive days of >40c, with one day at 43.2c.

Adelaide continues to break temperature records, and try telling the people of Adelaide that Global Warming is BS!

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Merry Christmas Ajax, and I certainly hope things cool off for all of you spending Christmas in Adelaide.

While its certainly nowhere near as serious as what all of you are facing, for the first time in many years, we will not have a white Christmas here where I am located in Michigan and that's very disappointing to many people, and damaging to the economy. I feel worst of all, though, for a dear friend, whose father has very little time left to live. All he has been talking about in his remaining days was his wish to see one last Christmas, and especially, one with snow. And sadly, this will have been his final hope for that.

JC

Hi TubeLover,

I have a similar story - we buried my 50 year old cousin yesterday. She died of an anurism while at a party. Just dropped dead - no warning, no signs. We always talk well of the dead but she was gorgeous - inside and out - with over 500 people attending her funeral. Horrible Xmas for her family.

But lets not make this a thread about loss - lets keep it enjoying the friendships we have developed through our love of music and finding new ways to further improve our enjoyment.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Reno got a snow storm yesterday so we have a White Christmas this year.

I searched my music collection for everything Christmas using my Music Collection software. Right now I'm playing Malcolm Arnold's Commonwealth Christmas Overture (Reference Recordings 24/176.4 HRx 48)

Next up is Lars Erstrand's Christmas Song Opus 3 DSD 5.6MHz; then Tomas Örnberg's At the Christmas Ball also Opus 3 DSD 5.6MHz; and A Sheffield Christmas Collection CD. After that I will look for other Christmas related music that doesn’t have Christmas in the title.

I'm up really early and no Santa yet. Ha Ha. (;-)

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

White Christmas, eh? Here in eastern Pennsylvania it hit 70 degrees F yesterday; 65 is predicted for today, 67 for Sunday, and I'm wondering whether to mow the lawn (still green). Not that I mind wearing T-shirts at a time of year when we're usually worried whether we'll have power through the blizzard, but how strange it feels....

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

White Christmas, eh? Here in eastern Pennsylvania it hit 70 degrees F yesterday; 65 is predicted for today, 67 for Sunday, and I'm wondering whether to mow the lawn (still green). Not that I mind wearing T-shirts at a time of year when we're usually worried whether we'll have power through the blizzard, but how strange it feels....

+1 .. this is practically a Christmas miracle ;)

Merry Christmas y'all.

+1 .. this is practically a Christmas miracle ;)

Merry Christmas y'all.

I agreed with Ajax about about not making this a thread about loss. But seriously, you apparently live in the United States and are calling this a Christmas miracle? I have lived in the same house for 22 years and this is only the second time we have had no snow for Christmas. But that is less than nothing beside the terrible, personal loss associated with my friends father. Here in Michigan, they are already projecting a $30 million dollar loss, since the ski resorts have been unable to open at all for the huge, normal ski season, from Thanksgiving to New Years. And holiday related suicides have quadrupled, per this morning's news report due to the unforgiving dark, rainy, snowless days continuing non stop.

Yes, certainly a Christmas Miracle

JC

I agreed with Ajax about about not making this a thread about loss. But seriously, you apparently live in the United States and are calling this a Christmas miracle? I have lived in the same house for 22 years and this is only the second time we have had no snow for Christmas. But that is less than nothing beside the terrible, personal loss associated with my friends father. Here in Michigan, they are already projecting a $30 million dollar loss, since the ski resorts have been unable to open at all for the huge, normal ski season, from Thanksgiving to New Years. And holiday related suicides have quadrupled, per this morning's news report due to the unforgiving dark, rainy, snowless days continuing non stop.

Yes, certainly a Christmas Miracle

JC

Yes, I live in Pennsylvania just north of Jud, which is why I quoted his post. No, I did not call our weather a Christmas miracle but jokingly said it was "practically" a Christmas miracle .. meaning "nearly" or "almost" in this context. I live in an area which also has ski resorts and are financially impacted by this warm weather. On the other hand, last year our winter was quite snowy and brutally cold. So cold, in fact, that while the resorts could make snow (didn't really need to) it was much too cold for many skiers, thus impacting business. I feel for those who rely on seasonal weather for their living and did not mean to offend you, your friend, or you friend's father. BTW, my life has been affected more than once by suicide and I don't feel the need for rebuke from anyone JC. Still, I hope you had a nice holiday.

Peace.

Yes, I live in Pennsylvania just north of Jud, which is why I quoted his post. No, I did not call our weather a Christmas miracle but jokingly said it was "practically" a Christmas miracle .. meaning "nearly" or "almost" in this context. I live in an area which also has ski resorts and are financially impacted by this warm weather. On the other hand, last year our winter was quite snowy and brutally cold. So cold, in fact, that while the resorts could make snow (didn't really need to) it was much too cold for many skiers, thus impacting business. I feel for those who rely on seasonal weather for their living and did not mean to offend you, your friend, or you friend's father. BTW, my life has been affected more than once by suicide and I don't feel the need for rebuke from anyone JC. Still, I hope you had a nice holiday.

Peace.

Melvin,

I apologize for the tone of my comments. I had just come back from a visit to my friends home where her father is more clearly than previously, in the last stages, and seeing this wonderful man in such a state, and hearing his mumbled comment about no real Christmas caused an overly emotional response from me. I also lost my best friend, of more than thirty years, about eight years ago, to a suicide at this time of year, and that also heightened my sensitivities.

I hope you also had a good holiday, and wish you the best of New Years.

JC

TubeLover, *very* well said. Our best to you at this time of year that for so many mixes joy and sorrow.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Melvin,

I apologize for the tone of my comments. I had just come back from a visit to my friends home where her father is more clearly than previously, in the last stages, and seeing this wonderful man in such a state, and hearing his mumbled comment about no real Christmas caused an overly emotional response from me. I also lost my best friend, of more than thirty years, about eight years ago, to a suicide at this time of year, and that also heightened my sensitivities.

I hope you also had a good holiday, and wish you the best of New Years.

JC

JC .. you are not alone, the holiday season is a difficult time of year for many of us. Thank you for taking the time to explain. I wish you all the best in 2016 and beyond.

Happy solstice folks!

It was snowing when I hoped on the plane in Helsinki... now sweltering in the heat at the Arse End of the World (Perth, SW Oz).

Let's all hope that the Paris agreement amounts to some real action on climate change...

Hope people are getting a chance to catch their breath and touch base with what they value most [emoji300]️[emoji258]

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Happy holidays back to you in Australia Ajax from Salt Lake City!

Iron%20Maiden%20Beer_zps35tziqil.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Thanks everyone for their kind thoughts.

All the best for the new year and here's to all at CA continuing to foster a more tolerant attitude to each other that has become evident over the past few months.

All the best for 2016 and a warm thank you to everyone here at CA - visiting this website on a regular basis has given me a lot over the past year and allowed me to improve massively my computer audio system.

As per weather considerations, even here in Switzerland, considered a paradize for ski & snowboard fans, we have almost no snow, high temperatures, and lots of ski resorts which are either closed or providing only artificial snow. Very bad indeed. Might have to go to Scandinavia for skiing in the future...

Chris