Sign in to follow this  
jaynyc

16/44 FLAC vs. AAC 256

Rate this topic

Next Issue of HiFi Critic magazine (Vol 10 no2) will carry a well researched 8 page article on how WAV differs from FLAC ,

.......how the files are made up and how they sound different.

The topic is 16/44 FLAC vs AAC256. So where does WAV come into the discussion. Please start the new thread on the FLAC vs WAV topic when Vol 10 no. 2 is on the streets.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

If wgscott is going to keep taking digs at me, even when I am no longer participating in a thread,

then I will feel free to post a reply that is likely to piss him off in return.

Perhaps if you (and others) paid the same attention to wgscott when this kind of thing happens without a valid reason , you wouldn't need to have yet another go at me for not ignoring his jibes ?

A bit of even handedness wouldn't go astray!

Edited by sandyk

"If you can't hear the difference between an original CD and a copy of your CD,

you might as well give up your career as a tester. The difference between a reconstituted FLAC and full size WAV is much less than that, but it does exist. - Cookie Marenco"

PROFILE UPDATED 17-06-2019

If wgscott is going to keep taking digs at me, even when I am no longer participating in a thread,

then I will feel free to post a reply that is likely to piss him off in return.

Perhaps if you (and others) paid the same attention to wgscott when this kind of thing happens without a valid reason , you wouldn't need to have yet another go at me for not ignoring his jibes ?

A bit of even handedness wouldn't go astray!

aw diddums

I did a test with a friend (blind but not double blind, so I know, no scientific significance) where we played the same song that I have in 24/192 HDTracks, CD rip, iTunes purchase and 24/96 vinyl rip.

Quite embarrassingly, I was all over the place. They did sound slightly different but not the way I had foreseen ! That was prior to some major upgrades to my system though so I'd be interested in running the test again - just for sh!t$ and giggles of course. I still prefer to feed my system with minimum CD quality if I can.