IGNORED

Starting MC 21 in Core Mode

dminches

Solved, my bad. Wasn't following the right procedure below (Thanks again Phil)

1. Switch to Core using ServiceTool, reboot

2. Run AO and say Yes to "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support"

3. Set JRiver as Shell using ServiceTool

4. Configure "Autologon" using ServiceTool (optional)

5. Reboot and enjoy

Music Server: Caps v3, ssd, ppa usb3 v2 card, external usb hdd, Keces Powersupply,Windows Server 2016, JRiver, audio optimizer. DAC: Teac UD-501. Amplifier: SSE tube amb with Class D L15D Amps for lower frequencies Mini DSP Open Baffle Tangband w8-1808 and double Emminence Alpha15 Cables: Signal Cable USA, Chord silverplus usb.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Been a user of AO 1.4 and MC for sometime and have currently upgraded to MC21.

Just wanted to contribute my experience in using AO and MC21 in relation to my system.

I have been happy with kernel streaming mode in Win Server 2012R2/AO 1.4/JRiver MC21 combo installed in CA's CAPS Zuma music server.

Just recently, I used iFi Audio's iPurifier 2 to supplement my existing DAC and iFi iUSB in the hope of improving the sound. Upon installing the iPurifier 2, the sound improved a lot providing a wider soundstage and removes the digital sound signature. But, I am not able to set the audio output to kernel streaming. If I remove the iPurifier2, the option for kernel streaming comes back.

This experience indicated that it's not an AO or probably not an MC21 problem. I have sent iFi Audio a ticket for this observation as I wanted to compare the kernel streaming mode from the ASIO mode at the same time utilizing iPurifier2 in the chain.