IGNORED

testing 'sound audio facts'...

To be clear I was referring to measurable effects of bi wiring. Not whether phase and time alignment are audible.

Measurable audible effects, assuming Vandersteen accurately measured Hall Effect differences as he says.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Measurable audible effects, assuming Vandersteen accurately measured Hall Effect differences as he says.

Yes, I wrote the effects of bi wiring were measurable, and the advantages to audibility would not amount to anything. Which doesn't contradict the Hall effect RV found. It disagrees with his opinion bi wiring is an audible benefit.

It's a jump to say those effects were audible without showing the size and type of effect that results.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Maybe the group is more tolerant than you implied in your previous post.

We do argue, we do go over things perhaps with a fine tooth comb. The main goal of few if any is to argue in my opinion. Nor will there be argument wrong, right or otherwise. I do believe everyone is genuine in their views expressed. Being new here it might seem otherwise, we'll cut you some slack and you'll become more accustomed to things.

That's exactly what I was saying. I expected the group to be less tolerant than they actually were. Regardless, the fault lies 100% with me. I didn't consider context in my other post. This site deals with primarily technical issues and how to deal with them (Mostly using some type of computer as a source). So when people here say that biwiring makes no difference, they're correct. From a functional standpoint, its absolutely true. Almost all of my knowledge comes from hands on experience and experimentation. If I didn't have that, I would say the same thing as everyone else.

Given that, I don't think I have anything to offer on this site. I know a little about computer audio, but nothing like some of the other posters. My comments, although well meaning, will be eclipsed by others who have far more knowledge of computers than I do. It's not right of me to try and turn these discussions into how I would personally have them. To be honest, I was PO'd when Audiogon made another change in they're system and lost my account again. This will be the 3rd time I have to start over with them. My frustration with them got me off to a bad start here. Sorry if I offended anyone.

For what you think is a bad start, you're doing just fine.

And we're also just fine with techies, or non-techies like me.

So welcome. And merry Christmas!

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

For what you think is a bad start, you're doing just fine.

And we're also just fine with techies, or non-techies like me.

So welcome. And merry Christmas!

+1

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

That's exactly what I was saying. I expected the group to be less tolerant than they actually were. Regardless, the fault lies 100% with me. I didn't consider context in my other post. This site deals with primarily technical issues and how to deal with them (Mostly using some type of computer as a source). So when people here say that biwiring makes no difference, they're correct. From a functional standpoint, its absolutely true. Almost all of my knowledge comes from hands on experience and experimentation. If I didn't have that, I would say the same thing as everyone else.

Given that, I don't think I have anything to offer on this site. I know a little about computer audio, but nothing like some of the other posters. My comments, although well meaning, will be eclipsed by others who have far more knowledge of computers than I do. It's not right of me to try and turn these discussions into how I would personally have them. To be honest, I was PO'd when Audiogon made another change in they're system and lost my account again. This will be the 3rd time I have to start over with them. My frustration with them got me off to a bad start here. Sorry if I offended anyone.

There are some here with vast technical knowledge, and there are some like me with next to no technical knowledge. And then there are some with little knowledge who believe they know it all.

I any case pay no attention to any of it and stick around, what better do you have to do. LOL.

God Bless and Happy Holidays.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.