IGNORED

iOS App Update

Melvin

Within the last couple weeks an update came out that finally had the app looking spectacular on my iPhone 6s Plus. It was fantastic.

Can't say I'm pleased to see this latest update. I find it harder on my aging eyes.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC 

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha and Delta power cords, Shunyata Alpha interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD60 speaker cables, ASC isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels

Can't say that I am wild about the latest version either. Not as easy on the eyes.

Is anyone else having problems with the App automatically updating? This last version will not update postings when I open it. This is both on my iPhone & my iPad.

Auralic Aries G2, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments, Sonore opticalModule (X2)

There's also a problem when editing a post on the iPad. The text doesn't scroll, so after a certain point one can no longer see what they're typing.

There so much space with this new layout, which is unfortunate given that our iOS devices are already so. constrained. I know that I'm offering subjective opinion, but my gosh this was a wonderful app before the recent change - best in its class, I thought.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC 

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha and Delta power cords, Shunyata Alpha interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD60 speaker cables, ASC isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels

There's also a problem when editing a post on the iPad. The text doesn't scroll, so after a certain point one can no longer see what they're typing.

There so much space with this new layout, which is unfortunate given that our iOS devices are already so. constrained. I know that I'm offering subjective opinion, but my gosh this was a wonderful app before the recent change - best in its class, I thought.

Agree, the version with the blue dots indicating unread posts was truly excellent, this new one, not so much.

Auralic Aries G2, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments, Sonore opticalModule (X2)

Agree, the version with the blue dots indicating unread posts was truly excellent, this new one, not so much.

Brilliance in simplicity.

I'm sure there were very good intentions behind the new version. But just because you can add more, doesn't mean it's always wise to do so. The new layout looks as something that might be a better fit on Windows.

I'm hoping that maybe they can offer us an option to switch back to the old layout.

Is anyone else having problems with the App automatically updating? This last version will not update postings when I open it. This is both on my iPhone & my iPad.

The old version updated the Activity Stream whenever I returned to the app. In the new one, I have to scroll up to the top and then pull for the stream to refresh. Also, the stream won't scroll instantly to the top when I tap the top of the screen as many apps do, so scrolling back to the top is a bit of a pain.