IGNORED

USB music momentary loss of signal

Hi guys

I play tunes using an olive 1 with built in SSD hooked up to the Oppo 105D via USB. I've used a cheapo usb cable and I also tried the audioquest Carbon USB cable which still causes the music to momentarily lose signal. Doesn't happen that often to become a nuisance but it happens.

Do you guys know what the solution might be for this issue? Also any recommendations for a decent USB cable would be appreciated.

Thanks much

Might also want to look at the source.

Do you have 3.1 or 3.0 USB connections? Try turning those off in the BIOS to see if that helps.

Are there a lot of processes running? Virus checkers on? There are threads here on lowering your non-essential processes.

Are you sharing the USB hub with other products like keyboard, mouse,etc.?

Might also want to look at the source.

Do you have 3.1 or 3.0 USB connections? Try turning those off in the BIOS to see if that helps.

Are there a lot of processes running? Virus checkers on? There are threads here on lowering your non-essential processes.

Are you sharing the USB hub with other products like keyboard, mouse,etc.?

Tranz

My music server is the olive 1 from olive media with a SSD. Not a computer per se...so I assume not too many processes going on there during playback

Its unlikely the problem is the usb cable. Try the Olive using the built in dac and bypass the Oppo. Also, I've seen many complaints for Olive. I forget all details, but if you do a search I'm sure you'll find some of them.

Well olive just added the capability for USB playback. They might have a fix for it via an update. In the mean time, what do you guys think of the AQ jitterbug? Will that solve the problem?

"Well olive just added the capability for USB playback. They might have a fix for it via an update. In the mean time, what do you guys think of the AQ jitterbug? Will that solve the problem?"

Not likely. We don't know what the problem is yet. Does the same thing happen when you use the Olive's dac?.

If you want to experiment, give The Cable Company a call. They'll send you the Jitterbug along with other options for demo.

You have to rule out the Oppo as the cause of the problem by trying another USB DAC /player.

If the problem persists, and as you have already tried different USB cables, then you need to contact Support at Olive.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

"Well olive just added the capability for USB playback. They might have a fix for it via an update. In the mean time, what do you guys think of the AQ jitterbug? Will that solve the problem?"

Not likely. We don't know what the problem is yet. Does the same thing happen when you use the Olive's dac?.

If you want to experiment, give The Cable Company a call. They'll send you the Jitterbug along with other options for demo.

The cable company? Free Demos?