IGNORED

Amarra Tidal quits unexpectedly

dbath

Greetings

I am new to this forum but have been lurking for a few weeks. So far my lurking has led me to a trial version of Amarra Tidal which I am enjoying very much.

My problem is that sometimes when i start Amarra up it starts to display the albums in my library then crashes with the message "Amarra for Tidal quit unexpectedly". Once it starts to crash it keeps on doing it every time I try to start Amarra. The only solution I have found is to uninstall Amarra and reinstall it. This works but is kind of a pain. I have been testing Amarra for less than a week and I have had to do this three times.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before and can offer some suggestions?

Amarra for Tidal is running on a headless mac Mini with OSX 10.8.3, 8 gigs of Ram and connected to a Teac UD-501 via an Audioquest USB cable.

I really want this to work since the sound is so good and the selection in Tidal is amazing but I don't think I can put up with the crashes.

Thanks for any advice. really enjoy this website and the forums.

Regards

Doug

Greetings

I am new to this forum but have been lurking for a few weeks. So far my lurking has led me to a trial version of Amarra Tidal which I am enjoying very much.

My problem is that sometimes when i start Amarra up it starts to display the albums in my library then crashes with the message "Amarra for Tidal quit unexpectedly". Once it starts to crash it keeps on doing it every time I try to start Amarra. The only solution I have found is to uninstall Amarra and reinstall it. This works but is kind of a pain. I have been testing Amarra for less than a week and I have had to do this three times.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before and can offer some suggestions?

Amarra for Tidal is running on a headless mac Mini with OSX 10.8.3, 8 gigs of Ram and connected to a Teac UD-501 via an Audioquest USB cable.

I really want this to work since the sound is so good and the selection in Tidal is amazing but I don't think I can put up with the crashes.

Thanks for any advice. really enjoy this website and the forums.

Regards

Doug

Hi Doug,

Sorry for the issue you are having, we are aware of it and have addressed it in the upcoming release of Amarra for TIDAL 2.0.

In the meantime, try the following:

- Quit Amarra for TIDAL

- Go to your Amarra for TIDAL folder and double-click on 'Delete TIDAL Preferences.app'

- Go to Audio Midi Setup or System Preferences->Sound->Output and set your output device correctly

- Re-launch Amarra for TIDAL.

If you're still having issues, please write to us at [email protected]

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Hi Doug,

Sorry for the issue you are having, we are aware of it and have addressed it in the upcoming release of Amarra for TIDAL 2.0.

- Quit Amarra for TIDAL

- Go to your Amarra for TIDAL folder and double-click on 'Delete TIDAL Preferences.app'

- Go to Audio Midi Setup or System Preferences->Sound->Output and set your output device correctly

I am having the same problems as the OP. I have tried the suggested routine, and it worked for about 20 minutes. Then the failing loop comes back.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Amara_Support,

Do you have an anticipated release date for Amarra for TIDAL 2.0?

Thanks,

Victor

Hi Doug,

- Quit Amarra for TIDAL

Apple iMac Retina computer > Tidal > AudioQuest Carbon USB cable >

Intona > Curious USB cable > Schist Yggdrasil DAC > Emotiva XLR cables >

Emotiva Stealth 8 powered studio monitors on Auralex MoPAD-XL Isolation Pads.