IGNORED

iTunes 12.3.2 has been released...

REShaman

I have been in iTunes hell for the last month. It has become totally unusable for me. Not sure if that is why you are so excited. I'm hoping it works.

Hello ejlif,

Actually, I am not excited at all. I would be excited if any of several enhancements were made manifest, i.e., sample rate automatic changing.

My exclamation was a matter (read expression) of irony that iTunes could be so much better and enpowered than it presently is. I am not discounting that iTunes works for me, without issues. And what it does, it does well.

I am sorry you are experiencing a state of operability that apparently does not exist. I wonder what the reason/trigger/state for such a severe outcome. Have you contacted AppleCare? Has AppleCare offered any support to get you up and running?

Given the state of software player applications, I suspect Apple's development is intentional as to what operations it will and what it won't do. I use iTunes merely as a container for those programs that suffer with it. But roon is my example for the best for what can be accomplished for UI/UX/EM (enjoyment of music). And compared to iTunes, I gather the differentiation is stark, idiosyncratic, idealogical, or have I spelled that word incorrectly (idiotically...)

Still, I am using it daily, so what's my point?

Best,

Richard

At this point for me iTunes is basically a database manager and nothing else. I don't use it for playback of anything and I disable all the extraneous options I can.

Me too! Learned a long, long time ago in a galaxy far-away that when I let iTunes organize my Music Library, it fuc..functionated my Music Library into Chaos extraordinare. So as you did, I turned everything off.

Thank you, Apple, for the update and for whatever the update does that release notes were not necessary for "us" users. iTunes, weeTunes, uTunes, just not very attuned.

I am done making a spectacle of myself.

Best,

Richard

It says something about making classical music more browsable or something.

More about "...or something...: According to the release notes:

"This update allows you to see works, composers, and performers while browsing Classical music in the Apple Music catalog..."

MacWorld,
Attention fans of Bach, The Piano Guys, Vivaldi, Wagner, and Yo-Yo Ma: Update to iTunes 12.3.2 now | Macworld

Just to do my due diligence for the thread I started.

Best,

Richard

More about "...or something...: According to the release notes:

"This update allows you to see works, composers, and performers while browsing Classical music in the Apple Music catalog..."

What's an Apple Music catalogue?

Are they referring to the Apple shop?

I shiver whenever I learn of an "update"...they can easily create havoc in my playback-dedicated computer.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

[/indent]

What's an Apple Music catalogue?

Are they referring to the Apple shop?

I shiver whenever I learn of an "update"...they can easily create havoc in my playback-dedicated computer.

R

Hello semente,

That would be a good supposition as I do not subscribe to Apple Music, only TIDAL HIFI. Sorry...

Best,

Richard

Just to provide on-going feedback, so far so good (I hope I didn't tempt the Gremlins...) I have been ripping my entire Blu-ray, DVD collection employing MakeMKV and DVDAE then adding to my iTunes Music Library. I am only mentioning this as an indicator that iTunes, so far, is performing as I would normally use the application; and I am not aware of any downside since the update was installed. That includes playback through iTunes in standalone mode and via Amarra Symphony with iRC in Amarra mode (versus Playlist mode). But I haven't done anything fancy with iTunes, i.e., Playlists etc. Meta-data works without issue for me. Hence so far so good seems a reasonable assessment since the update.

However, I can appreciate other member's responses. Hoping iTunes plays nicely with our systems.

Best,

Richard

It is good to be wary of any update, and to have the means to roll back to a previous state. I always have a bootable clone of my system disk at hand before I do any OS, iTunes, or Safari update. For mac users, SuperDuper! from shirt-pocket.com is recommendable. There are other excellent back up products as well.

Having said that, if you use iTunes, then being able to browse by composer is a long-needed upgrade.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

Update on my experience of iTunes 12.3.2 AND OS X 10.11.2 which are consistently manifesting a similar operational behavior. Specifically, I have noticed that with iTunes 12.3.2 launched, if I search my music library, and click on an album, i.e., "Sinatra", and iTunes takes me to one of the Sinatra albums in my collection, closing the album in album track list mode (versus cover art of albums in cover art "mode without opening album and displaying all the tracks), closing the open album defaults the display view back to the beginning of the collection, i.e., the first album, "A" in my collection.

Occasionally, the album display view will stay in the location my search took me re album display. With prior builds of iTunes, the display did NOT revert to the start of the music collection.

And I also notice that in Finder, if I view a photograph, i.e., JPG, in Pictures, or a specific folder within a folder somewhere in the music library directory, closing Finder and then returning to the Finder will take me back to the top of the directory folders, i.e, if in the "Ts", closing and reopening takes me back to the "As" rather then where in the directory I was before closing Finder.

As far as I recall, reopening Finder with the location reverting to the start/top of the directory was NOT how "things" worked in earlier builds. Unless I am delusional (smile) and this is always how navigation with Finder or any search function works. It's tedious for me these days especially if I want to navigate from where I was to a location nearby alphabetically.

Do I have this right re past builds and search functions?

Best,

Richard

Just for clarity's sake, my remarks about The Finder reverting to the "A's" after opening a different folder starting at a different location then closing The Finder and upon reopening starting from the "A's" instead of where I was previously located while in the Music Library of folders has cured itself. Succinctly, if in "X" section, closing and reopening The Finder returns me to that section.

What changed? The gremlins won't reveal...

Hence, never mind!

best,

Richard