IGNORED

Article: CA’s Best of 2015 Awards

Upon rereading my earlier comment, I realize the term "hype" has a perjorative implication that I did not intend (at least not consciously). Roon appears to be a nice organizational tool, but unless it makes music sound better then it does not interest me, but clearly for others this is very important.

Well coming soon, Roon is integrating with HQ Player, so you can have that process the sound output. So you'll get a great front end tool with an excellent sound player. Roon will also allow any file it can play, including Tidal, ALAC, to be converted to a PCM file for HQ Player to play.

I have stayed away from HQ Player because all my files were in ALAC and I did not want to convert to AIFF (due to file size) or FLAC (due to iphone compatibility).

Roon just released an update last night for HQPlayer integration and Squeezebox integration. They finally updated the Tidal section to include the Genres Tidal already breaks out for new releases. And the search feature finally has auto complete. There are plenty more enhancements. But for me listening to Tidal and my ALAC tracks thru HQPlayer is the biggest.

• 2 weeks later...