IGNORED

Article: CA’s Best of 2015 Awards

What am I missing about ROON? Isn't it just a replacement for JRiver or similar programs? And why do I want to pay a fee of almost $10 per month? It doubles the cost of Spotify or basic Tidal, and if you buy a lifetime subscription, it costs about as much as the new Auralic Aries Mini and more than major software like MS Windows or office.

And speaking of new products, why have there been no reviews of the Auralic Mini? I know it is only recently available, but it is one of the most anticipated products of the year. The CA forum alone has 20 plus pages of comments already. I can't recall anything else coming out in 2015 that has gotten that kind of attention.

The Regen

I agree about Roon, it doesn't come close to an all in one media player for myself without video playback capabilities (JRiver). But you have to give it credence since many of our esteemed audiophile members speak highly of it. Everyone has different media needs in different settings.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)