IGNORED

Curious USB Cables

I did a search on here to see if anyone had encountered these cables at all and came up blank!

I have been looking at the website for this relatively new cable manufactured and designed in Australia, it seems to be getting very good feedback from the reviewers and from the general public who have tried them. Has anyone on here tried them yet and would like to share their experiences please

Here is a link to the manufacturers web site

Curious Cables - Usb Cables, High-end Usb Cables, Usb Cable Types

Lee

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

Hmmm...yet another new cable comes out and blows all other previous cables which in turn blew away the best cables before them which in turn....that being said I am a total sucker for easy mods like this. I will be giving Curious a try! :)

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hmmm...yet another new cable comes out and blows all other previous cables which in turn blew away the best cables before them which in turn....that being said I am a total sucker for easy mods like this. I will be giving Curious a try! :)

Yeah, that always seems to be the case :).

No risk to try the Curious Cables so definitely worth giving them a trial. Love mine (beat out TotalDac, Lightspeed 10G, Mapleshade).

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Yeah, that always seems to be the case :).

No risk to try the Curious Cables so definitely worth giving them a trial. Love mine (beat out TotalDac, Lightspeed 10G, Mapleshade).

Hi Blake! I am very intrigued to see you think it beats out Lightspeed (which I have, the dual headed one). I am wondering if you tried the Curious alone without the Regen? I dont have a Regen (yet).

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hi Blake! I am very intrigued to see you think it beats out Lightspeed (which I have, the dual headed one). I am wondering if you tried the Curious alone without the Regen? I dont have a Regen (yet).

Good question..... Come to think of it, I've never tried the Curious Cable without the Regen in the system. For context, I thought my dual head Lightspeed was a very, very good cable and I would have been happy to keep it in the system (along with the TotalDac).

I had no intention of changing usb cables, but I wanted to try a very short cable for the output of my Regen. I had been emailing a few usb cable makers to see if they would make a very short "one off" custom usb cable for my Regen (they all declined, including Lightspeed) when I stumbled upon the Curious Cable review on Digital Audio Review a few minutes after it was posted. I figured I'd shoot them an email to ask, and Rob, the owner of CC agreed (he has since started making a version for the Regen that can be ordered right off his website).

The Curious Cable is just a better overall match for my particular system synergy. It may or may not do the same for yours, but its free to try.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I saw many owners claim that the Curious Cable was magnificent outof the box. So far I just got the Regen Link and since my other stuff has not arrived yet, I just connected the Regen Link to the iFi microDSD (PC -> Schiit Pyst USB (Straightwire) -> Schiit Wyrd -> Regen Link -> iFi). It sounded like garbage out of the box. I thought I had a bad cable. Anyway, I let it run for the rest of the afternoon and it sounded much better...like lots better.

I'll re-evaluate when I get a chance to setup the new gear (but, of course, that introduces many new variables).

My CAD$0.02.

-H

Just imagine how superb a system would sound if every mod that produces "dramatic improvement" were used at once. For the same $50k one might spend on an ordinary but improvable high end system, you could buy a fine $5k system and spend the other $45k on those mods. That might even sound better than the unmodified $50k system - this thought absolutely boggles my mind!

was-that-sarcasm.jpg

I've recently ordered the regen and the curious cables (0.8m and 0.2 m). When I received them all I'll post my findings.

Audio aan Zee Reference Flow server

Bricasti M1 DAC

Avalon Ascent mkII

Jeff Rowland model 8

MIT 350 proline twin xlr interlinks

TMC triwire LS cables

USB REGEN & Curious cables

Dedicated listening room tube traps etc etc....