IGNORED

Windows 10 Question

Are they any settings in my computer Win 10 that could be set incorrectly and not allowing the best sound to come through? I am playing Flac files from my HD via Ethernet from my router to the Logitech Touch.

Bios, settings, processes, all effect SQ. In short, the answer is YES. See more on Windows 10 optimization.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Are they any settings in my computer Win 10 that could be set incorrectly and not allowing the best sound to come through? I am playing Flac files from my HD via Ethernet from my router to the Logitech Touch.

If you're using LMS and network, then (in my opinion; other opinions exist) there is very little which can affect the sound quality as networking gives good isolation between the computer and the actual "player" (in your case the Logitech Squeezebox Touch).

If you're not already using wired ethernet you could consider experimenting there vs. WiFi; but if there is no obvious stuttering from your music you are all set.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

SpeedGuide.net :: TCP Optimizer / Downloads

try optimising the ethernet connection

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/