IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

well, I have an update regarding my quandary with the Intona: I also have an ancient Fiio X3 player that can be used as an external DAC connected to my laptop. I have just installed the pertaining driver onto my computer and the little Fiio worked flawlessly. When I inserted the Intona no signal was going through and the laptop could not detect the DAC but the dac was getting charged, ergo, electricity indeed goes through the Intona.

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 4:34 AM, Peti said:

well, I have an update regarding my quandary with the Intona: I also have an ancient Fiio X3 player that can be used as an external DAC connected to my laptop. I have just installed the pertaining driver onto my computer and the little Fiio worked flawlessly. When I inserted the Intona no signal was going through and the laptop could not detect the DAC but the dac was getting charged, ergo, electricity indeed goes through the Intona.

Buy an ISORegen!

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2019 at 9:10 PM, juanitox said:

i prefer a product approved for it as audiofool is really a medical application 😁

I like to call it audiophilis, that rhymes with syphilis, to understand the mental sanity of the phenomenon (bonus: it almost looks like a simple typo, pressing "s" instead of "a", so one can always claim to have wanted to write audiophilia...)

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, CheapSplurge said:

Is the uptone regen allow hqplayer upsampling to 768k?

Oh sure.  Even higher. Even DSD512 or DSD1024.  Audio data packet rate for high-speed USB 2.0 is not particularly fast and the packets are never full. ISO REGEN knows/cares nothing about sample rates, channels, data types.  It might as well be printer data or file transfer.

Our device works by greatly improving USB signal integrity and impedance match, and by providing galvanic isolation.  All these things (including low-phase-noise clocking) result in lower ground-plane-noise and less clock-threshold-jitter INSIDE the DAC.  That is why it is audible. 

If you hear any difference between USB cables (which also comes from a measurable modification of signal integrity), then you will hear a much greater different with our device.

B|

4 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Oh sure.  Even higher. Even DSD512 or DSD1024.  Audio data packet rate for high-speed USB 2.0 is not particularly fast and the packets are never full. ISO REGEN knows/cares nothing about sample rates, channels, data types.  It might as well be printer data or file transfer.

Our device works by greatly improving USB signal integrity and impedance match, and by providing galvanic isolation.  All these things (including low-phase-noise clocking) result in lower ground-plane-noise and less clock-threshold-jitter INSIDE the DAC.  That is why it is audible. 

If you hear any difference between USB cables (which also comes from a measurable modification of signal integrity), then you will hear a much greater different with our device.

B|

Kind of money tight right now.. Had to sell all but my aduip equipment. 

I'm interested in this iso regen but I definitely won't be able to afford the power supply too. 

Without the power supply... Is it still ok?