IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

It kills bacteria on your jewels pouch plus stops unwanted microwaves cooking your eggs... Nice

Look at this on eBay Ultraperm 80 Metal Shield Mumetal MU Metal Alloy Shielding Sheet Audio HiFi USA | eBay

MU metal to play with... enough to make a protective dress for my collectors NRFB Crystal barbie...

Well enough to shield a few things for experimenting. ....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I was actually thinking the other way around... gotta shield my system from that radiation vibe I've been putting out!

BTW I hope it hasn't affect the general tone...of the Intona thread..It's a great piece of kit that crosses over from technical to Audio nicely.

I do hear a small difference with just the foil on the Intona...

I have the Sbooster LPS... and An IFI DC PURIFIER.. The Sbooster has an external block I tried foil on this and the IFI DC PURIFIER..

On and taken off I do hear that bit more detail... So I will take it a bit further than kitchen wrap...

As always this is 2 people playing around not some Xray/ Radar engineers with a physics degree. A bit of fun leveraging What we have cheaply and hopefully adding a bit more useful info... To this convoluted hobby.....

I assume the Intona for lab work is isolated and equipment being tested shielded....

Fun but we shall see...

Dave?

Just stripped the Intona Down to the Chassis. 2 hours to line the inside with copper tape. Man this is strange.... As an absolute there has been a change to the sound.... Some detail seems more sharper and detailed. What was defined before has moved back a little in its place. Same here Hailey I wish I could AB without our little faraday cage experiment. The only issue I thought of is the external RFI EMI being blocked ..great.... Internal noise reflected.... Without an Eye diagram and an expert in digital signals to say what's happened...It's the do you like the effect. I will try the diy aluminium case when it arrives...to see if any additional changes occur....

Definitely more bass and a perception of a wider sound stage...

Regardless it worked....Cleaner or worse to the listeners ears....

Let's see what happens next...

If Abtr has any copper tape.. he could line the case.... of the Aluminum case..see if there is changes....

Thanks all for trying something different......

A 10k ladder dac would be nice but this is affordable. .

Just stripped the Intona Down to the Chassis. 2 hours to line the inside with copper tape. Man this is strange.... As an absolute there has been a change to the sound.... Some detail seems more sharper and detailed. What was defined before has moved back a little in its place. Same here Hailey I wish I could AB without our little faraday cage experiment. The only issue I thought of is the external RFI EMI being blocked ..great.... Internal noise reflected.... Without an Eye diagram and an expert in digital signals to say what's happened...It's the do you like the effect. I will try the diy aluminium case when it arrives...to see if any additional changes occur....

Definitely more bass and a perception of a wider sound stage...

Regardless it worked....Cleaner or worse to the listeners ears....

Let's see what happens next...

Mind games .

1472431693980.jpg

My effort, ....I was lucky as I had a small enough Allen key to remove the PCB.

I ESD strapped and out into an ESD bag for safety...

Did slice myself a few times. ... There is a void sticker on one screw so be warned.

I wonder if ( Is it Daniel? ) @ Intona could test this... Give us all his thoughts... they designed it... Jplay made it look like deaths Ferrari...

Have fun

[emoji2]

[ATTACH]28731[/ATTACH]

Did slice myself a few times. ... There is a void sticker on one screw so be warned.

I wonder if ( Is it Daniel? ) @ Intona could test this... Give us all his thoughts... they designed it... Jplay made it look like deaths Ferrari...

Have fun

[emoji2]

Hi,

Could explain more about ESD strapped

How to do it? I just only wraped it.

Thanks

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

Mirror image of what I did.

:-)

[ATTACH]28731[/ATTACH]

Have fun

[emoji2]

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Sorry NAIDIVER

ESD is Electrostatic Sensitive Devises.

You can damage electronics with static so I am always careful and earth myself. I use a strap...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antistatic_device#Antistatic_mat

Can you show me some photos of yours (with intona)

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

Hi NAIDIVER..... I only use ESD strap to remove electronics before fitting tape.

The strap isn't used with the INTONA....

?

ha ha ha... I still don' t know what it is anyway...

Ok.. I will learn it from your given link.

Thanks, Middy ^^

Well, I promised to post some pictures, but the casing I ordered was too small to house the PCB of the Intona plus USB plugs. So I ordered a Hammond 1590BX die cast aluminum case of 254 x 70 x 51mm.

1590BX_Rs.jpg

1590BX_Us.jpg

This will easily accommodate the PCB plus USB plugs, plus the (B to B) plug of the Aqvox linear 5V USB power supply which I currently use to feed the Intona and block the 5V USB power from my MacMini.

Note that the above casing is also available with a satin black (RAL 9005) finish (part number 1590BXBK). :)

Please do show us how you progress and most of all how it sounds.

After all that work, of course it's going to sound better!

Perhaps it does, but the only way to be sure is to do a proper in-depth comparison with a standard version.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020