IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

Yes. it blinked around 2hz. I read in the manual. Nothing refer to the problem encounter. it only told - during transmission,something like that.

But i think it's not about transmission thing because my DAC shown it loss connection.

Daniel sent me a new one. (Thank you so much, Daniel) and it arrived yesterday.

After a day long test, no problem at all, no shut down, no loss connection.

I found that nothing to be adjusted, just plug and play.

It can work with my JCAT reference usb twin cable and PPA OCXO USB card.

Sounds great... I'm happy with it.

Thanks Daniel ^^

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Daniel sent me a new one. (Thank you so much, Daniel) and it arrived yesterday.

After a day long test, no problem at all, no shut down, no loss connection.

I found that nothing to be adjusted, just plug and play.

It can work with my JCAT reference usb twin cable and PPA OCXO USB card.

Sounds great... I'm happy with it.

Thanks Daniel ^^

Can you be more specific about the differences with/without the Intona in your system?

Thanks.

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

Can you be more specific about the differences with/without the Intona in your system?

Thanks.

I have 2 PCs, one is Audio grade, another one is regular pc. I tried both of them and i found even a very good audio grade pc (fanless/LPSU/Clock upgraded/USB card with separated LPSU) still got sound quality improved.

but it's not kind of grain and harsh reduced but i found it mellower and more beef in lower mid.

for regular PC is much more effect on SQ, harsh, grain and noise reduced and got more lower mid as i heard from my Audiograde PC

I heard somebody said that any kind of cable can be used and they sound the same, is not true. I heard the difference between cables i used. JPLAY Reference was still sound better than standard cable.

but its price and its sound improvement is up to personal pereference and taste. You have to listen to it before buy it

But IMO, i'm happy to live with it. It made my ststem more full body sound. love it..... ^^

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

I have 2 PCs, one is Audio grade, another one is regular pc. I tried both of them and i found even a very good audio grade pc (fanless/LPSU/Clock upgraded/USB card with separated LPSU) still got sound quality improved.

but it's not kind of grain and harsh reduced but i found it mellower and more beef in lower mid.

for regular PC is much more effect on SQ, harsh, grain and noise reduced and got more lower mid as i heard from my Audiograde PC

I heard somebody said that any kind of cable can be used and they sound the same, is not true. I heard the difference between cables i used. JPLAY Reference was still sound better than standard cable.

but its price and its sound improvement is up to personal pereference and taste. You have to listen to it before buy it

But IMO, i'm happy to live with it. It made my ststem more full body sound. love it..... ^^

Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated! :)

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

IMG_1664.jpg

Running setup as follow

PC- Curious cable - Intona USB (industrial) - AQ jitterbug -- Sbooster Vbus2 -- Curious cable -- Uptone regen (powered by Sbooster linear supply) -- Sbooster Vbus2 -- ARCAM irDAC (powered by Sbooster linear supply) -- Lehmann linear amplifier - Beyerdynamic T1 2nd generation

I know this is somehow crazy centipede and some suggest me to simplify this. But to be honest, I think every component does the job on their own. Intona makes the sound cleaner, Jitterbug adds the mid, mid-bass weight and saturation, Uptone regen makes the sound more natural and voice more focused and Curious cables sweeten the tonality.

Welcome comment and maybe some flame to let me stop keep building the chain.

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

I have been using the Intona for about 4 months. Recently, I unplugged it and place it in-between my PC and external dvd drive for ripping cd as well as usb drive for data transfer. I find that it is the most good sounding ripping method. Also, SQ is much better with the Intona for data transfer. At time of ripping or data transfer, my PC was connected directly to dac, SQ deteriorated very much.

Just for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I have been using the Intona for about 4 months. Recently, I unplugged it and place it in-between my PC and external dvd drive for ripping cd as well as usb drive for data transfer. I find that it is the most good sounding ripping method. Also, SQ is much better with the Intona for data transfer. At time of ripping or data transfer, my PC was connected directly to dac, SQ deteriorated very much.

Just for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I have been using an Uptone USB Regen with a low noise Linear PSU to do similar for quite some time now.

Files ripped from an internal writer to a USB memory stick with a Regen in line sound better than without the Regen too.

The .md5 Checksums for both versions are still identical though.

Alex

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I have been using an Uptone USB Regen with a low noise Linear PSU to do similar for quite some time now.

Files ripped from an internal writer to a USB memory stick with a Regen in line sound better than without the Regen too.

The .md5 Checksums for both versions are still identical though.

Alex

Very interesting. I've never been able to get my CD rips to sound anywhere close to CD playback. I will have to try this.

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21

I just saw a new gavanic isolator from JCAT,which is in Aluminium box then i thought yeah!... it should be in an aluminium box not a plastic box because while we try to get rid of noises, we open the door for another noise to come in.

so.. i tried to wrap it with 8ply of sheet and apllied some duct tape in sensitive area such as connector or pcb to avoid short curcuit.

After finished it, i had to yell out loud... Holy...sh...., it sounds unbelieveable!

PS. from my experiment, i found 10-12ply can shield broadband EMI. I wraped my phone and then called in from another phone. At 10ply, Phone was loss their connection.

13895319_1094811283940381_3979212285597309567_n.jpg

13876529_1094811293940380_2166348728536160314_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I just saw a new gavanic isolator from JCAT,which is in Aluminium box then i thought yeah!... it should be in an aluminium box not a plastic box because while we try to get rid of noises, we open the door for another noise to come in.

so.. i tried to wrap it with 8ply of sheet and apllied some duct tape in sensitive area such as connector or pcb to avoid short curcuit.

After finished it, i had to yell out loud... Holy...sh...., it sounds unbelieveable!

PS. from my experiment, i found 10-12ply can shield broadband EMI. I wraped my phone and then called in from another phone. At 10ply, Phone was loss their connection.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28257[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28258[/ATTACH]

You're using 8 ply aluminum foil? Two layers? Sorry I'm a little confused here. Thanks...

Since not hearing anything with the Regen Amber/ LPS alone on the Yggdrasil and now

after 5 days of use with the Itona Ind v into a Yiggy there is a very positive impression. But not a night and day difference.

Clarity improved as others have said and separation particularly good female voice details.

No read problems very solid.

Yiggy> Courious link> Itona> Supra Cable> PC

Simple and very satisfying!!!

I will say that the Amber Regen is a very good device with the right dac. WIth R2R dacs like the Yggy(I have two) it doesnt do much.

WIth some of the sabre dacs I have used it did an incredible job in improving audio quality.

Let me add that the industrial Intona I have is the only add on device that improved the audio quality of the Yggy. It is connected to my imac .

I will say that the Amber Regen is a very good device with the right dac. WIth R2R dacs like the Yggy(I have two) it doesnt do much.

WIth some of the sabre dacs I have used it did an incredible job in improving audio quality.

Let me add that the industrial Intona I have is the only add on device that improved the audio quality of the Yggy. It is connected to my imac .

Right now I'm attaching Intona to my DAC via a USB A-B connector. Should I be attaching the Intona to my Mac Mini, then sending the cable to the DAC?

Does it matter?

Right now I'm attaching Intona to my DAC via a USB A-B connector. Should I be attaching the Intona to my Mac Mini, then sending the cable to the DAC?

Does it matter?

Usb cable from Mac mini to Intona host port. Another USb cable from other side of the Intona to your dac.

Do I need to use a second USB cable? Is there any reason why I shouldn't use a USB A-B stub?

Hi Hailey , well that's a question for the Intona folks .I would certainly try both ways to see if there is any difference in audio quality.

Ask Daniel at Intona, he is very responsive.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28257[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28258[/ATTACH]

I did think of wrapping the outside but was worried that if it didn't have a ground it wouldn't work....

I ll try wrapping the outside tomorrow to see if I can get an effect... Wrap it like a turkey rough 3 times...

So this is a faraday cage?

In your opinion what changes made it worth the effort?

BTW be careful and use ESD straps.. Just incase with fine FPGA inside being damaged..

Cheers and good luck

Dave?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I did think of wrapping the outside but was worried that if it didn't have a ground it wouldn't work....

I ll try wrapping the outside tomorrow to see if I can get an effect... Wrap it like a turkey rough 3 times...

BTW be careful and use ESD straps.. Just incase with fine FPGA inside being damaged..

Cheers and good luck

Dave[emoji4]

I wondered about that, too. Also what about using copper foil tape?

I have both its not that expensive and it's adhesive..... Slug tape on Ebay.

A quick go with kitchen foil before I hit the screw drivers... He picture showed the intona on the Mytek Brooklyn...

Just where it's sat is the power supply. underneath...

I'll give it a go tomorrow after work.

there can't be any gaps so I may use a.little soft electrical tape and foil over the usb cable ends with out touching them.

Then if I hear something, copper and Aluminium foil inside...

All fun I suppose...

H

Cheers and good luck

Dave?

Hi, Dave.

How can i connect the foil to the ground?

By the way... Will wait your outcome after you tried it. (Should be the right method for me)

For the SQ, i found it quieter and blacker black ground and mellower.

I don't know how it shoud work. I just heard it.

I am probably completely wrong about the earth drain wire as I was thinking of the principal of power leads were the shield braiding is connected to the power plug side only.

I saw a crazy picture on here somewhere that Japanese audiophiles had wrapped every cable and box with copper on the outside...

I work in Aerospace electronics but I am in manufacturing. A plug wiring is my limit....

Can't wait to break out the Aluminum foil kitchen roll and seal the intona for musical freshness...☺

Not recommended without an electrican but I looked at my main consumer unit last night there were loose wires and earth cable. We have RCD trips so I clean the wires with the power off for my Ring I have my Chain on. Scotch bright the connections a little Caig deoxit. Wow very nice just reseating and a little clean.

An electrician would help for an hours work so you are safe... he may think you are mad.. But I got a kicking when the wife came home and my sparkie friends this morning... I could have died.... The incoming is still live...?

I am not dead and it sounds better... but get professional help..

Will post tonight if the foil works

Good luck and thanks again for the Tip

Dave

Btw, Intona may benefit from about 20 hours of burn-in. I listened briefly upon installation, was underwhelmed (eg, I thought it made things worse), put the track on repeat play, left it blaring overnight. Quite a difference this morning.

Has anyone else experienced this?