IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

• 2 weeks later...

Since not hearing anything with the Regen Amber/ LPS alone on the Yggdrasil and now

after 5 days of use with the Itona Ind v into a Yiggy there is a very positive impression. But not a night and day difference.

Clarity improved as others have said and separation particularly good female voice details.

No read problems very solid.

Yiggy> Courious link> Itona> Supra Cable> PC

Simple and very satisfying!!!

Since not hearing anything with the Regen Amber/ LPS alone on the Yggdrasil and now

after 5 days of use with the Itona Ind v into a Yiggy there is a very positive impression. But not a night and day difference.

Clarity improved as others have said and separation particularly good female voice details.

No read problems very solid.

Yiggy> Courious link> Itona> Supra Cable> PC

Simple and very satisfying!!!

Now, don't get rid of the Regen, get a hold of a Mutec MC3+USB, place it after the Intona with the Regen in the chain, and BLISS!

Now, don't get rid of the Regen, get a hold of a Mutec MC3+USB, place it after the Intona with the Regen in the chain, and BLISS!

Hold on a minute. We've reached the point where we need three (3) gadgets in the chain, plus (presumably) the SOTA cables linking it all up, to make our USB DAC's produce "satisfying" music? Just checking....

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Thanks. I will try change the usb cable first. Hope it will work in my system eventually.

Using an Itona Ind v here on a PC >Supra USB>Itona>Curious link to Yiggy.

Has to be on the Mac end. Unplug everything and reinsert to try and recognize the Yiggy.

Unless you tried that there are other things written all over so you have to search if you don't get an answer right here. May change the Curious cable too.

Have you just updated to OSX 10.11.5 or iTunes 12.4.0.119?

I have had similar problems and there is a thread running here in the software forum:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/itunes-12-4-a-28626/

- see my last post on the page - It might be resolved with an Intona firmware update.

And as both the REGEN and the Intona are no longer recognised but the Mutec is I'm beginning to wonder if the OS update is to blame.

Main: 2x2TB Ext HDD/Mac Mini 2.3 GhZ core i5 + Uptone MMK & Teradak LPS/Roon/Ethernet LAN/Uptone Audio EtherRegenr/.5M Supra CAT8/SoTM sMs200-ULTRA NEO + SBooster BOTW P&P Eco MkII/Curious cable .2M/UpTone Audio ISORegen + SBooster Ultra/Curious cable .2M/Mutec MC3+USB/DH Labs Silver sonic D110 AES/Genelec 7370A+ 2 x 85351s running GLM 3.1 with wireless remote.

Office: 4TBHDD/MacBookPro/Audirvana /.25M AQvox USB/UpTone Audio ISORegen with SBooster Ultra/.25M Moon Audio Silver dragon USB/Chord Hugo2/.25M Moon Audio Silver dragon phono/Rogue Audio Sphinx 2/Anti-cables level 3/Elac Uni_Fi UB5's on Isoacoustics Apertas/Genelec 7050c Sub.

Hi. Daniel

I use USB card with OCXO clock upgraded and feed it with separated 5v power from ext LPSU.

Does the intona industrial version improve the sound?

Another question

USB Card is USB3. Can it compatible with Intona which designed for USB2

Thanks ^^

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

Got a friend who wants to try an Intona with his Chord Hugo but not sure if the two are compatible. Anybody know if these two play nice?

We've put in emails to Intona and Chord but haven't heard back yet...

Sonore microRendu>Lampi L4G5>Herron VTSP 3a r03>Herron M1a monos>Vapor Cirrus Blacks

Got a friend who wants to try an Intona with his Chord Hugo but not sure if the two are compatible. Anybody know if these two play nice?

We've put in emails to Intona and Chord but haven't heard back yet...

Thanks ^^

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

I am glad about your positive feedback.

My name is Daniel and I am CEO of Intona Technology, Germany and also the head developer of the USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Isolator.

-Daniel

MY Audio Pc didn't see my DAC(NAD M51) after connected Intona (industrail) in between. What happened?

First, My PC can recognized DAC. Song can be played. but after a minute, the sound stopped. Then PC didn't recognized my DAC.

I tried to restart, shutdown... but it still happened the same.

What should i do?

It is the problem of computer setting.

What section of setting i have to adjust? Could you give me a little bit more detail. Thanks.

As the ifi gemini splits the data and the 5 v power line, I think the computer may shut down one of the cable and/or CPU(s) for energy saving.

I set my computer to a clean bootup(switch off all non-windows background apps when boot up). And set pwr management of USB always on. In the power management, check all items. If there is option of power, set them always on. Set your computer never sleep. Switch off screen saver.

As the ifi gemini splits the data and the 5 v power line, I think the computer may shut down one of the cable and/or CPU(s) for energy saving.

I set my computer to a clean bootup(switch off all non-windows background apps when boot up). And set pwr management of USB always on. In the power management, check all items. If there is option of power, set them always on. Set your computer never sleep. Switch off screen saver.

Hi

Where can i set power management of USB? I didn't see it.

Thanks

Is the status LED on the intona flashing when it happens ? If it is completely off it may mean a USB power management problem (no power on this particular USB port).

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

Is the status LED on the intona flashing when it happens ? If it is completely off it may mean a USB power management problem (no power on this particular USB port).

Yes. it blinked around 2hz. I read in the manual. Nothing refer to the problem encounter. it only told - during transmission,something like that.

But i think it's not about transmission thing because my DAC shown it loss connection.

Perhaps try this?

2012 Mini > Curious .08m >Regen >Curious Regen Link >Intona > Curious Regen Link > OffRamp 5 > Empirical Audio BNC > SFD 2 MKIII

What OS are you using?

Hi,

I do find putting Regen first before the Intona will make my system (PC windows 10) recognize the DAC, anyone experience the same issue like me? If I hook the Intona first, the Intona will just display double flashing light and the system won't read my DAC.

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

Hi,

I do find putting Regen first before the Intona will make my system (PC windows 10) recognize the DAC, anyone experience the same issue like me? If I hook the Intona first, the Intona will just display double flashing light and the system won't read my DAC.

Yes, could not get that to work either. Seems to be related to Mac/OSX, since it does work via a microRendu.

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3