IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

I wanted the Berkeley in the system because it does not require a driver. I did try my regen after the Intona. I think that should cover the power issue.

Can you please clarify the above? Are you saying Intona > usb cable > Regen > usb cable > Berkeley works, or it does not work?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I've been able to successfully use the Intona (industrial version) with a Berkeley Alpha USB with the following configuration:

Zalman PC (Windows Server 2012R2/Audiophile Optimizer in ultimate core mode) > Curious 1.0 m USB cable > Intona > Curious 0.3m (Regen link) USB cable > Berkeley Alpha USB > AES cable > DAC

That is good news. I would be using that same setup, except that I would use my MacBook Pro and my Curious Cables are all the short link variety.

Does Intona offer a return policy if the product doesn't work in a customer's particular setup?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

The Intona webpage has a "purchase order terms and conditions" link on the Intona isolator page. It appears to offer a 14-day return policy subject to conditions. You may wish to read it and/or contact Intona directly to confirm the return policy terms.

Thanks, will do. Reading the various reports in this thread, it seems to be very random whether it will work or not in a given system with the Berkeley Alpha USB.

This reminds me of when I purchased the iFi iUSB when it first came out a few years ago and was getting hit or miss results using it with different usb cables and some would not work (Mapleshade Clearlinks back then).

EDIT: Well that was fast. I just sent an email to Intona asking about returns and within a few minutes Intona responded, noting that the Intona is returnable within 14 days of delivery.

I bought two Intona's on Sunday to try in both of my audio setups. They shipped Monday morning from Germany and arrived today in Salt Lake City at noon on Wednesday (that was fast!).

I just installed the Intona in my desktop system at work, using my .8M Light Harmonic 2G split usb cable to the input of the Intona, and a short 200 mm Curious Cables usb cable from the output of the Intona to my Schiit Bimby. No issues at all!

Hopefully the installation of the other Intona into my home system tonight goes smoothly as well and I will not have "handshake issues" with my Berkeley as some other users are reporting. Fingers crossed....

Blake,

How did your Intona and Berkeley usb work? Thanks.

Unfortunately I am in your same boat. It will not work with my Berkeley. I am going to keep the Intona a bit longer to see if Daniel can sort this out. If not I will return it.

On the other hand, my Intona in my work system works great and I've had no issues with usb cable compatibility (Curious Cable and Light Harmonic 2G split).

Wait, what? Batteries are de rigueur now? ugh, my head hurts...

• 4 weeks later...

My Intona's are in transit back to Germany for Industrial upgrades. Listening to the system now, a decent chunk of the sonic magic is gone. Sad......