IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

• 2 weeks later...
I run Win 2012 Standard R2 OS + Audiophile Optimizer software without any problems with the Intona. So the Intona is definately Win 2012 compatible.

Adam, that's my setup as well--however, I am running it on bootcamp partition of a Mac Mini....don't know if that could be an issue or not. I'm hoping to try the various suggestions in this thread, as well as do the USB stick test that Daniel of Intona has asked me to do, this weekend.

Does anyone here know how firmware updates of the Intona are accomplished? I am assuming that the unit needs to ship back to Germany for the procedure. Guess I'll wait a little while and let them get everything sorted before asking to send mine. Don't want to do it more than once.

Ciao,

--Alex C.

Alex, I've been advised by Daniel that a firmware update will require that the Intona be opened up and reprogrammed using a 'special programmer', so I take that to mean units will indeed have to be shipped back....

Best,

Randy

• 2 months later...

Just an FYI, I received Daniel's field programmer and was able to update the firmware in my Intona yesterday (kudos to Daniel/Intona for making this possible). So for the first time I'm able to use the Intona with my dac (Aesthetix Romulus Signature).

I'm having difficulty getting my dac recognized if I insert either of my Curious cables (really want to use the Curious Regen Link), so for now I'm using the Intona alone (within either my Regen or W4S Recovery), but have to say I'm really happy with th sound running only the Intona.

I'll be experimenting more with the Recovery and then the Regen added to the chain, hopefully I will get the Curious Regen Link to work with the Intona installed.

Is there an official circulation list for the field programmer? I really need it as mine is one of the early units and I can not get it to work without a REGEN after it. Please PM me if it is possible to borrow it. Or tell us if there is a formal procedure to go though to get on the list.

Thanks!

--Alex C.

Alex--Daniel at Intona has a list, I emailed him a few weeks ago and was placed on it. I recall I was #3, and I'm shipping off to the next person today.

Best,

Randy