IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

On a pure technical note to the SOTM TX-USBhubEX, I cant find information that it is galvanized USB like the Intona. It does have 5V cutoff, but it seems on the other hand it needs power like a DC or battery pack, while Intona uses the 5V from each side to power the circuitry.

SOTM TX-USBhubEX has a low jitter clock, but I cant find which one, so personally I would take that information with a grain of salt (since they dont state which oscillator they use), while Intona has stated which oscillator they use and its performance too. Even Regen states which oscillator they use!

To me, SOTM TX-USBhubEX seems similar to Uptone Regen, but I cant find which Oscillator they use to really compare on a technical level.

Do note, that Crystal Oscillators like the one in Regen degrade over time. It has a aging property, while the Oscillator in Intona doesnt have aging property since it is supposed to be for industrial use.

I am very very happy with the Intona.

My next step is USB to AES/EBU with a 1ppm oscillator on the AES port (Gustard U12) and compare that with the Intona USB, and even using Intona in front of the Gustard U12.

Also I do measure FFT differences with and without Intona.

Sotm usb hub can be upgraded working with a linear power supply (like hdplex) it is supposed, for all I ever read, to improve still more sound quality.

But I'm inclinated to go with Intona if the difference is not too big.