IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

Hi I have Metrum acoustics Pavane DAC with integrated and internal powered M2Tech XMOS USB module. What would be in this case benefit in I put some “re-clocking gadget” between USB and DAC? Whether these gadgets are more suitable for situations, where USB is powered by computer (and therefore for “cleaning up” the USB audio chain).

I also did some “investigation” around DAC manufactures about to integrate this gadgets (in not for powering USB cable) at least for decreasing packet errors and jitter and the answer was that this will not help as jitter is around 400 femto second.

What are your opinions of using these gadgets with more “hi-end” DACs? Many of them reclock the digital signal internally before feeding it to the DAC chips. Maybe my DAC also? (see Metrum Pavane NOS DAC philosophy)

Hi I have Metrum acoustics Pavane DAC with integrated and internal powered M2Tech XMOS USB module. What would be in this case benefit in I put some “re-clocking gadget” between USB and DAC? Whether these gadgets are more suitable for situations, where USB is powered by computer (and therefore for “cleaning up” the USB audio chain).

I also did some “investigation” around DAC manufactures about to integrate this gadgets (in not for powering USB cable) at least for decreasing packet errors and jitter and the answer was that this will not help as jitter is around 400 femto second.

What are your opinions of using these gadgets with more “hi-end” DACs? Many of them reclock the digital signal internally before feeding it to the DAC chips. Maybe my DAC also? (see Metrum Pavane NOS DAC philosophy)

Well I just checked, my DAC has FPGA based Forward Correction Module, splitting the 24-bit digital signal into two 12-bit streams before actual conversion to analogue takes place. The FPGA works at a 400MHz clock speed and applies the algorithm Metrum Acoustics uses for this technology, so what (regarding to my previously writing) would be the benefit of reclocking the signal (with special reclocing gadget) before it enters the DAC?