IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

So for those who have tried one or more USB decrapifiers in series, how do the cables in the chain affect SQ?

For example, consider:

Source - Cardas Clear - Intona - curious link - RUR - lightspeed - DAC

Is the sonic signature of these cables an amalgam of all 3? Or is it really the last cable to the DAC that impacts the SQ?

Just wondering where to invest $$ in cables.

I am looking for actual experiences, not opinions.

While I haven't used all these devices and cables together, I've owned most and here is what I would try.

First off replace the Cardas cable with a usb adapter from the PC to Intona. For some reason the Intona seems to benefit from a short cable. This may be an awkward placement, but the benefits should be worth it.

Next run the LHLABS cable from the Intona to RUR. If you don't need power, keep the power leg unplugged.

Lastly use the Curious REGEN link between the RUR and DAC. I had a Curious cable here between the Intona and REGEN with a Supra between REGEN and DAC. It didn't add much. But after swapping positions with the Supra cable the sound quality unopened up.

Thanks - that's interesting, that you found the best benefit from putting the Curious link as the last in the chain.

A short reference grade audiophile USB cable is far better than that adapter! My 0.75m Diamond USB cable makes so much more difference that the adapter itself...

Some have claimed the opposite. So rather than argue, I plan to listen.

I'll have a Curious 0.2m, Cardas Clear 2m, Lightspeed 2G 1m, and now this adapter.

I'll go in with open mind and ears and see what emerges.

• 3 months later...

A big shout out to Daniel at Intona.

My Intona stopped sync'ing in my chain, despite all attempts. After some email troubleshooting, Daniel declared my unit defective. Even though my unit is a month past the warranty expiry, he shipped me a brand new replacement, that arrived in the US in 4 days, and is working perfectly.

These guys are a class act, and I cannot praise them enough!