IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

I currently have an Empirical Audio Short Block USB Filter for common-mode noise reduction in my system and it made a nice improvement: Short Block USB Filter : Empirical Audio

I'm inspired by REGEN and Intona and want to add one of them into my system to further improve the sound.

My DAC doesn't need the +5V from the PC side, and so the USB power cleaning won't benefit me much. REGEN is more like an active device and it may have its own sound signature but having all good reviews. Intona (Intona ? Products) claims they achieved galvanic isolation in USB 2.0 high speed mode which makes them world first able to do that. Unfortunately, there's not much info about the details of Intona's design. As there's no off-the-shelf USB isolation chip for high speed, I suspect they implemented their own FPGA solution. From this post: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/intona-high-speed-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-isolator-25495/ I learnt that Intona stated the isolator has "probably industrial-wide lowest 8 kHz packet noise". That packet noise reduction is what REGEN is trying to achieve as well.

Cost wise, it will be US$196 for REGEN and US$258 for Intona (shipping to Canada included).

I'm leaning towards Intona but would like to get your inputs before making a decision.

Thanks!

Check out Sonore website, they seems running promotion event and you get tX-USBhubEX in very reasonabl price, please check!

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/soul-music-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-hub-25762/