IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

In use, should the Intona device be closer to the source or the DAC?

Would this make the Regen, Jitterbug et al. redundant?

If a DAC does not need the 5V line, should it be cut-off at the source, or does it not matter? (My DAC does not, and I block it at the server.)

I had a chance t briefly use the Itona USB isolator and all I can say is wow .

An inexpensive e way to add galvanic USB isolation to my Yggdrasil .

I have used a lot of tweaks and this one is the best one I've used thus far in tweaking USB .

Can you describe the results in terms of sound quality improvements?

Thanks

So what makes the Curious cables so unique as to be able to carry that signal? Surely it must be a real "electrical" characteristic that may or may not coexist also as an "audiophile" (as in something one can hear) characteristic.

I'm interested in the Intona too, but it seems to be a gamble whether it will work with a particular setup or not.

Is the Curious cable the universal enabler? Or one of them, anyway?

It should work with all compliant USB 2.0 cables, unless there is a compatibility problem with the Berkeley Alpha USB converter .

$358 is a lot of money to take a chance on unless there is a good guarantee.

My understanding is that most USB cables are not compliant. Call up the company name on the package, they'll say no, or they don't know. I've done it. There are exceptions, like Belden and others. Many audiophile cables also don't meet the spec.

Fun fact: over 90% of the world's USB cable is produced in several factories in southern China, in the Shenzhen - Guangdong area. I only know because I've worked in China for many years. It's not hard to "find" the USB cable factories, they're visible and known in the area, you just have to know about them.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Barry,

I understand the situation...

I will probably try the Sbus isolator myself (where did you order it ?). I am not sure if it will work here, since there seems to be a handshake between the PC and the NOS1 first, even if the NOS1 does not use the 5V...

Don't forget to leave your impressions, even if you do dot hear a difference :)

I am about to get a OS-ramdrive that will allow to load Windows all in RAM (from the SSD drive), then remove the SSD, so less spiky draws in PC. I am eager to receive it :)

Regards,

Hi Alain, brief detour on the topic, if I may. Can you say what the OS ramdrive product is, or where to get it? I have been looking for this as well.

Thanks.