IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

I don't use USB for Audio myself, as it is flawed, and you can spend more than the cost of your computer trying to extract the best from it. I use well implemented Coax SPDIF from an Asus Xonar soundcard into a highly modified X-DAC V3 which has an isolating transformer at it's input. . As for the USB memory stick when using a Regen with a modified USB cable (no +5V) , and even when powered by a Super Regulator PSU, it still can't match the SQ from the same music saved to an internal SSD powered by a 12V to 5V Regulator followed by a John Linsley Hood designed shunt regulator, when both are played from System Memory using A.S.I..O. and cPlay. When both versions are burned to the same CD-R and played via an Oppo 103 used as a transport into a higher quality DAC, the SSD version STILL sounds better, and which version is which can easily be identified with non sighted listening.

I don't give a rat's anus whether you believe me or not.

+1

Hi

I am also in Australia.

I find your post very interesting.

Do you have knowledge of what some hifi guys are doing in Perth with i2S, usb, servers, power supplies etc. If not I would like o introduce you to them.

There is also a guy in Tasmania that is following the Asus route, heavily modified.

Great to see different ways to Audio Nirvana.