IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

Had some more hours listening through Intona over the weekend and I'm already certain Intona wins my pick for the Product of 2015.

I'd call Intona's world first standalone USB 2.0 high speed galvanic isolation device a breakthrough, similar to Gordon Rankin's programming for the asynchronous USB transmission. I felt we're bringing the digital audio playback quality another step closer to that of a great analog system.

Damn . There goes another 250 or so ! Lol .

What are the other tweaks you tried before? Did you try other tweaks together with Intona and observe any incremental benefits?

Uptone Amber Regen and Jitterbug .

The Intona made a bigger difference than the Regen or Jitterbug using an iMac and Yggy .

I have not tried to pair anything , Regen and Intona for example .

So what makes the Curious cables so unique as to be able to carry that signal? Surely it must be a real "electrical" characteristic that may or may not coexist also as an "audiophile" (as in something one can hear) characteristic.

I'm interested in the Intona too, but it seems to be a gamble whether it will work with a particular setup or not.

Is the Curious cable the universal enabler? Or one of them, anyway?

Im using a Supra and Audioquest cable and I have no issues at all

Imma gonna start making and selling a gorgeous machined aluminum case to put all of these cable tweaks inside. Gonna be a best sella.

Lol . You will make a fortune ! Happy New Year Miggy .

By the way - The intona with the Yggy made a noticeable audio improvement using an older IMac .

The Regen and Jitterbug did nothing in imo with the Yggy , though the Regen has made a big difference with quite a few other dacs I've used .

Thank you Peter, Just ordered Intona and will come up here with my observations when have a chance to inject it to my stereo. Menwhile, could you please be more specific when stating "...which brings a totally different sound"? Comparing with Regen? How it differs?

Here's my observation of the Intona . I use a iMac and Schiit Yggy . The Intona definitely improved the audio quality whereas imo the Regen did not . The Regen is a very good device and improves audio on most dacs . I just felt it didn't do much with the Yggy . The Audioquest Jitterbug imo was essentially worthless .

Much appreciated for your opinion!

Is there any sound improvement you could measure in terms as other users of the Regen does? For example, most of them (including me in my setup) agree that the Regen when it does, improves sound staging, hold the bass under control much better, adds a refinement and relaxes the sound overall.

I use my Jitterbug with Dragonfly and yes, it's a bit worthless (refines higher notes while makes the bass a bit wabbly)

It improved on all aspects . Better soundstage , clarity (less grain , this surprised me ) ,bass .

• 2 weeks later...
I was reading on a new product by wyred4sound, called usb remedy. The description sounded like intona (galvanically isolation) + Regen (regenerate the accurate signal) + femeto clock in an aluminum case (according to prototype pic). May be that's the ultimate thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No USB =No buy