IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

I received my Intona Industrial 1/5. I have been attempting to use it with a Berkeley Alpha USB. I could not make it happen.

Has anyone used one with the Berkeley successfully?

I switched to an Off-Ramp 5. Wow as others have stated it was a huge improvement. I have spent way more money on usb cables that are collecting dust. It is a must have for my system.

2012 Mini > Curious .08m > Intona > Curious Regen Link > Regen > Curious Regen Link > OffRamp 5 > Empirical Audio BNC > SFD 2 MKIII

Thanks for the reply's (advice).

The problem was with the Berkeley. The Off-Ramp works no problem. I am using Mavericks as the Off-Ramp requires a driver and I have to stay with Mavericks.

I wanted the Berkeley in the system because it does not require a driver. I did try my regen after the Intona. I think that should cover the power issue.

I read a response from this thread that some xmos firmware is not yet compatible with the Intona post# 89. I was wondering if anyone else had an issue.

Blake

The Intona does not work with the Berkeley in my system with any configuration. I wanted to see if anyone else had successfully used an Intona and Berkeley in any configuration.

The Intona works just fantastic with my Off-Ramp 5.

Apple has changed OS X several times since mavericks. The driver for the Off-Ramp 5 will not work with El Capitan. This is why I would like the Berkeley back in my system.

cmarin, PhilR thank you for your responses. I was curious to see if Berkeley users were experiencing the same problem.

I emailed Intona support. They are working on resolving the Berkeley USB handshake issue.

I am really impressed with the way my system improved with the Intona / Regen /Off-Ramp 5 combination (all Curious cabling).

I bought two Intona's on Sunday to try in both of my audio setups. They shipped Monday morning from Germany and arrived today in Salt Lake City at noon on Wednesday (that was fast!).

I just installed the Intona in my desktop system at work, using my .8M Light Harmonic 2G split usb cable to the input of the Intona, and a short 200 mm Curious Cables usb cable from the output of the Intona to my Schiit Bimby. No issues at all!

Hopefully the installation of the other Intona into my home system tonight goes smoothly as well and I will not have "handshake issues" with my Berkeley as some other users are reporting. Fingers crossed....

Blake,

How did your Intona and Berkeley usb work? Thanks.

Unfortunately I am in your same boat. It will not work with my Berkeley. I am going to keep the Intona a bit longer to see if Daniel can sort this out. If not I will return it.

On the other hand, my Intona in my work system works great and I've had no issues with usb cable compatibility (Curious Cable and Light Harmonic 2G split).

I think it will be worked out with time. Patients will payoff.