IGNORED

El Capitan 10.11.2 released

REShaman

Dear All:

OS X, El Capitan 10.11.2 has been released for update.

Best,

Richard

[TABLE=class: mm-startup-container, width: 580]

[TR]

[TD=class: mm-startup-containerInnerPadding mm-startup-fontFamily mm-startup-fontSizeNormal mm-startup-textColor, align: left]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: mm-startup-containerInnerPadding, align: left][TABLE=width: 100%, align: left]

[TR]

[TD=class: mm-startup-defaultPaddingRight mm-startup-fontFamily mm-startup-fontSizeNormal mm-startup-onMobile_fontSizeNormal mm-startup-textColor]Apple releases OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan update.

[/TD]

[TD=align: right][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: mm-startup-containerInnerPadding mm-startup-fontFamily mm-startup-fontSizeNormal mm-startup-textColor, align: left]Apple on Tuesday released a completed OS X 10.11.2 update for El Capitan, dealing with a slate of bugs in the operating system. It addresses the "stability, compatibility, and security" of Macs, according to Apple. Specifically, release notes mention the following changes:

• Improves Wi-Fi reliability
  • Improves the reliability of Handoff and AirDrop
  • Fixes an issue that may cause Bluetooth devices to disconnect
  • Fixes an issue that prevented Mail from deleting messages in an offline Exchange account
  • Fixes an issue that prevented importing photos from an iPhone to a Mac using a USB cable
  • Improves iCloud Photo Sharing for Live Photos

Please note that it is always recommended to use a combo update to update OS X.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Be warned: the update is not your usual quick one, it is huge, 1.8GB and takes forever to install. Don't start the process of you don't have time for a very long coffee break.

Forever?

Relatively speaking: That was not my experience with this update. My Verizon FiOS download Broadband speed is 85 Mbps. The actual time is always less than initially calibrated. I also updated my Verizon FiOS router a few days ago to the latest Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway Router which is connected via WAN to an Apple AC router.

I was surprised that my Mac Mini located several rooms away from the iMac and which usually takes longer as updates are sent wirelessly completed the update in less time than it took my iMac where I started the update first. Overall, the update for my iMac mid 2013 3.4 Ghz, i7, 32GB memory, which is hardwired to the AC router took fifteen minutes. For the Mac Mini (mid 2011) i7, 2.7GHz, 16GB, the time was less.

In any event, the three part download was accomplished without incident.

Best,

Richard

Be warned: the update is not your usual quick one, it is huge, 1.8GB and takes forever to install. Don't start the process of you don't have time for a very long coffee break.

Downloaded in about 10 minutes here, took another 10-15 to install. Pretty close to normal for me.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Downloaded in about 10 minutes here, took another 10-15 to install. Pretty close to normal for me.

I wasn't referring to the download speed which obviously depends on your connection but the time of installation which felt more like 20 min on my admittedly old machine.

Usually, smaller Os updates just take a couple of minutes.

I wasn't referring to the download speed which obviously depends on your connection but the time of installation which felt more like 20 min on my admittedly old machine.

Usually, smaller Os updates just take a couple of minutes.

On reflection I'm guessing the reason this felt typical to me is that I'm on the Apple Developer program and most of the beta builds are this size. Sorry, should have thought of that earlier.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Jud, are you installing OS X betas merely out of curiosity, or are you actually developing your own software?

Curiosity. Can't code - would love to learn but never have.

I tried it because my mini's IR receiver becomes unresponsive after a few days until I reboot. I was hoping that would cure it. It did not.

Did you ever install scripting utilities intended to respond to IR commands such as Sofa Control, Mira, Event Scripts, or Remote Buddy? I had problems with the first two losing the IR connection after a while. Maybe the CandelaIR extension or a launchd daemon from one of these utilities is still installed.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

• 2 weeks later...
With this update my Amarra Symphony and Ausirvana both crash after one minute. I have been using both for 15 months flawlessly until this last upgrade. I have notified Amarra as well as Apple.

Hello Bob,

Sorry that is your experience. As a contrast frame, I have no issues with AS 3.03wiRC. That includes AsQ+wiRC and A4THIFIwiRC and the remote app Apple hasn't yet approved. roon with HQPlayer integrate, not always perfectly. Hopefully, Amarra Support will help you sort and cure your impediment(s).

Wishing you good fortune and Happy Holidays/New Year.

Richard

Thank you Richard!

Since inhaling the problem with both th Amarta and Audirvana, in thinking it's an El Capitan problem.

MerryChristmas to you as well!

That's a reasonable supposition. Does AS3.03 crash in both Amarra mode (with iTunes) and in Playlist mode (no iTunes)? Perhaps you don't need another voice meddling. It must be frustrating to encounter this problem with both AS and Audirvana Plus. Does iTunes play in standalone mode without crashing? Have you tried deleting AS 's Preferences? Have you also purged AS's memory (found in Extras in the Menu/ File. Just brainstorming, if you can call it that.

Mean well!

Best,

Richard