IGNORED

Do computers leave behind a digital fingerprint on files?

If you weren't such a closed-minded objectivist, you would realize there is the additional possibility that the forensic team might be trying to establish if the file was ever on the computer hard drive it was found to be on.

Wouldn't they still be working with a copy of the original file in this case?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

As usual, you manage to find another way to introduce something else in your reply that has nothing to do with the title of the thread, in yet another, never ending attempt by you to try and discredit my verified reports.

You haven't succeeded in the previous 5 years, and neither you or the arrogant and bullying Professor Scott ever will !

Thankfully, in the last 5 years or so, many members have found that there is much more to digital audio than a simple sequence of 1s and 0s which are transmitted in an ANALOGUE format to DACs.

We are NOT discussing copying or transmission here, we are discussing noise residuals that could be used to identify the computer used.

You are barking way up the wrong tree here.

Absolutely wrong the way you are viewing it. It would not be a 'residual noise signature' that one would use to identify the computer a file came from in any case.

And even if one could, then one would absolutely have to have access to the original computer. Which is not very likely at all, given that it is bogus science to start with.

Your hypothesis has been debunked more times than I can count. Files do not carry any mysterious extra data between the bits. Reading and/or writing a drive can, just conceivably, add unwanted electronic noise to the signal going to the DAC.

If you could do what you think, then you would be the richest man on earth- everyone would pay you to track down spammers.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

You are barking way up the wrong tree here. Absolutely bullshit the way you are viewing it. It would not be a 'residual noise signature' that one would use to identify the computer a file came from. And yes, one would absolutely have to have access to the original computer to do any identification that way in the first place. Which is not veryilely at all, given that it is bogus science.

Your hypothesis has been debunked more times than I can count. Files do not carry any mysterious extra data between the bits. Reading and/or writing a drive can, just conceivably, add unwanted electronic noise to the signal going to the DAC.

Paul, you are such a CMO.

Paul, you are such a CMO.

I don't give a damn what you, wgscott, esldude or the pathetic Kumakuma think.

I have also noticed that despite several mentions of CD-Rs with different sounding .wav files having identical checksums on them, similar to those sent to Barry, but more recent, that not one of you loudmouth know-it-alls has expressed an interest in finding out the truth. You just can't conceive that the great Paul Raulerson, legend in his own mind, could possibly be so very wrong in his area.

Anyway, I have better things to do than continue this discussion with closed minded know-it-alls like you.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Anyway, I have better things to do than continue this discussion with closed minded know-it-alls like you.

You keep saying you have better things to do, yet you don't go away. Makes me wonder if you are paid by Chris and Jud as a click-bait attracter. If not, you should begin negotiations.

I have also noticed that despite several mentions of CD-Rs with different sounding .wav files having identical checksums on them, similar to those sent to Barry, but more recent, that not one of you loudmouth know-it-alls has expressed an interest in finding out the truth.

I don't remember this. I'm pretty sure that you told us you had no interest in sending anything to anyone and suggested that we try to track down the CD that you send Barry.

I have also noticed that despite several mentions of CD-Rs with different sounding .wav files having identical checksums on them, similar to those sent to Barry, but more recent, that not one of you loudmouth know-it-alls has expressed an interest in finding out the truth. You just can't conceive that the great Paul Raulerson, legend in his own mind, could possibly be so very wrong in his area.

And now you descend into pure outright falsehoods. You keep refusing to make your files available, and have always refused to do so claiming some unnamed but potent conspiracy is arrayed against you.

The simplest explanation is it you just don't have these magical files, or if you do, that said files reveal themselves to contain different data, or sound identical.

And that is also borne out by your constantly changing stories.

I Swear, if you have better things to do than spread this poisonous hate filled nonsense about, then please go and do them!

In my professional opinion, your claims are bogus. There is no verification of them anywhere that has credibility, your results. Are not duplicatable, and your constantly changing story suggest falshoods, intentional or not. This is like cold fusion of the audiophile world. Untrue and embarassimg.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

I don't remember this. I'm pretty sure that you told us you had no interest in sending anything to anyone and suggested that we try to track down the CD that you send Barry.

Then it's rather clear that you don't fully read any of the recent posts from me that you continually take pot shots at.

This would be at least the 3rd occasion in the last couple of weeks where I have canvassed this possibility.

I had also previously discussed the possibility with esldude, but recently he has been quite selective as to which of my emails he even bothers to reply to.Recently. I even sent Dennis links to a 24/96 downmix of "Queen-Another One Bites the Dust " and a 16/44.1 version in .flac that appeared to be from the same master ,where the differences were to me blindingly obvious, but it was ignored. It's increasingly obvious that many of you simply aren't interested in finding out anything that will challenge your ingrained beliefs.

So, from now on you can all go jump !

You can't prove that I am wrong with my findings, but I am personally able to demonstrate these things to others as I have already done on several previous occasions, and will continue to do so for any interested C.A. members from Sydney, just as I have done for Audiophile Neuroscience ( David) who is now a good friend thanks to C.A.

It's your loss, not mine.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

This would be at least the 3rd occasion in the last couple of weeks where I have canvassed this possibility.

I scanned the last few weeks of your posts and I couldn't find any offer from you to send anyone a CD. Perhaps you made it in a private message to someone.

I scanned the last few weeks of your posts and I couldn't find any offer from you to send anyone a CD. Perhaps you made it in a private message to someone.

Then you bloody well didn't look too hard ! You must be as blind as you are deaf ?

As usual , you are calling me a liar.

This was one from yesterday. Next you will be claiming that there aren't any new comparison CD s either !

Recently I also made a series of comparison files available to another well respected member, who so far, hasn't had the opportunity to evaluate them.

=esldude;489917] If we are talking MCs 6 blind tests, then I don't believe it because 6 isn't enough to convince, even 6 of 6. Plus we know nothing of how this test was done with MC not forthcoming and Alex refusing to ask about or provide any details. Furthermore the effect in that case would appear to be impossible, no one has provided even in their wildest speculation a manner in which it could occur so we are going to need more than 6 results shrouded in secrecy.

Here we go again!

You will never accept ANY results, no matter who obtains them, if they don't coincide with your own narrow little view of how things should work. In this case you are replying to David, who HAS heard these differences for himself, along with another couple of listeners present, at one of our frequent GTGs, with both comparison CD-Rs and USB memory sticks.

Get off your arse and ask M.C. himself if you want more details of the sessions, instead of continually suggesting that the tests were either flawed or somebody is lying. They were never intended to be more than a strong indication that much further research in this area is needed, and advice was sought from other well qualified forum members as to how this was possible.. Neither does a small advertisement free publication have the time and resources available to further investigate these 100% positive results.

I have already prepared another 2 comparison CD-Rs similar to, but of more recent origin than those sent to Barry some time back, for my own use, but nobody expressed any interest in following this offer up when I mentioned this possibility on a couple of previous occasions.

Neither do I have any faith in your ability to ensure that they were properly evaluated by members with suitable equipment including a decent quality CD player, and a system that does NOT use additional DSP.

Far too many of the Objective crowd here have no interest in doing anything more than mouthing off with a keyboard.

Talk is cheap !

Neither does any of this have anything to do with the title of this thread

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/we-dont-need-no-stinking-hi-rez-26580/index28.html

snip.......

I had also previously discussed the possibility with esldude, but recently he has been quite selective as to which of my emails he even bothers to reply to.Recently. I even sent Dennis links to a 24/96 downmix of "Queen-Another One Bites the Dust " and a 16/44.1 version in .flac that appeared to be from the same master ,where the differences were to me blindingly obvious, but it was ignored. It's increasingly obvious that many of you simply aren't interested in finding out anything that will challenge your ingrained beliefs.

So, from now on you can all go jump !

snip.........

Alex,

You posted that you had sent me files and a comment that perhaps it was pointless due to recent posts I had made. I didn't see your posts for several hours and never got an email. I thought perhaps you had recalled it. Neither have I been selective in responding to you. If you have sent other emails, I haven't seen them. I did discontinue one of my email addresses recently. I sent out notice of such which I think you were also sent. If you wish to send the link again I will take a look at it. If you didn't get notice of discontinuing one of my email addresses PM me and I will give you a couple that I am using now.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Then you bloody well didn't look too hard ! You must be as blind as you are deaf ?

As usual , you are calling me a liar.

This was one from yesterday. Next you will be claiming that there aren't any new comparison CD s either !

Recently I also made a series of comparison files available to another well respected member, who so far, hasn't had the opportunity to evaluate them.

Here we go again!

You will never accept ANY results, no matter who obtains them, if they don't coincide with your own narrow little view of how things should work. In this case you are replying to David, who HAS heard these differences for himself, along with another couple of listeners present, at one of our frequent GTGs, with both comparison CD-Rs and USB memory sticks.

Get off your arse and ask M.C. himself if you want more details of the sessions, instead of continually suggesting that the tests were either flawed or somebody is lying. They were never intended to be more than a strong indication that much further research in this area is needed, and advice was sought from other well qualified forum members as to how this was possible.. Neither does a small advertisement free publication have the time and resources available to further investigate these 100% positive results.

I have already prepared another 2 comparison CD-Rs similar to, but of more recent origin than those sent to Barry some time back, for my own use, but nobody expressed any interest in following this offer up when I mentioned this possibility on a couple of previous occasions.

Neither do I have any faith in your ability to ensure that they were properly evaluated by members with suitable equipment including a decent quality CD player, and a system that does NOT use additional DSP.

Far too many of the Objective crowd here have no interest in doing anything more than mouthing off with a keyboard.

Talk is cheap !

Neither does any of this have anything to do with the title of this thread

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/we-dont-need-no-stinking-hi-rez-26580/index28.html

Of course, I saw that post.

It isn't an offer to send CDs.

Like today's earlier post, it simply says that you offered to send CDs but no one took you up on your offer.

When did you make that offer?

Alex,

the last email I recall receiving was one where you mentioned those CD's. I offered to proctor them on this end if you wished and trusted me to do so. I said I wasn't geographically close to some other users here in the USA. Your reply as I recall was that you weren't going to bother. You also have mentioned several times you didn't think I had equipment adequate to evaluate them. Did I miss something?

Dennis

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Dennis

They were sent to one of your correct addresses. The files will almost certainly have expired by now.

Of course, I saw that post.

It isn't an offer to send CDs.

Like today's earlier post, it simply says that you offered to send CDs but no one took you up on your offer.

When did you make that offer?

Anybody who was interested had several opportunities to ask about the CDs in a reply, but nobody did, and neither did I expect any of the usual suspects to do so.

What did you expect, a Gold Engraved personal invitation ?

Given your track record of incessant personal attacks, and sniping in concert with wgscott, you wouldn't have been considered as a recipient anyway.

BYE !

Anybody who was interested had several opportunities to ask about the CDs in a reply, but nobody did, and neither did I expect any of the usual suspects to do so.

What did you expect, a Gold Engraved personal invitation ?

Given your track record of incessant personal attacks, and sniping in concert with wgscott, you wouldn't have been considered as a recipient anyway.

BYE !

This makes absolutely no sense at all.

You are now complaining that no one bothered to ask you about two CDs that you only mentioned for the first time in the last 48 hours in posts complaining about no one taking you up on an offer that you never made.