IGNORED

Jackie McLean remaster?

Somebody knows which remastering is on sale on Qobuz? Prioce is pretty good and it is on my wish list, but I am not sure I want to buy a RVG remaster

One Step Beyond | Jackie McLean*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

0060253765158_300.jpg

I could be wrong here but I don't think RVG has been involved in any of the recent Blue Note high resolution remasters.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

There are a few Blue Note albums on HDtracks which are indicated as being RVG remasters. I think they are 24/44, whereas the others are 24/192 and 24/96.

All the other Blue Note albums were mastered by Alan Yoshida and later Bernie Grundman and sound great.

The Jackie McLean album is a Grundman transfer

Jackie McLean-One Step Beyond-Any|Acoustic Sounds

This is great news.

And for the others who like this McLean/Moncur band, there is the Grachan Moncur's Evolution album, in highres, as well. Both are at a super price at Qobuz. 10$ CAN.

• 4 months later...
There are a few Blue Note albums on HDtracks which are indicated as being RVG remasters. I think they are 24/44, whereas the others are 24/192 and 24/96.

All the other Blue Note albums were mastered by Alan Yoshida and later Bernie Grundman and sound great.

The Jackie McLean album is a Grundman transfer

Jackie McLean-One Step Beyond-Any|Acoustic Sounds

Is it also true for Let Freedom Ring? I am looking for good version of this album ideally with liner notes provided.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

"Let Freedom ring" is a Bernie Grundman remaster, I have it, it sounds fine.

Unlike the earlier Blue Note releases on HDtracks - mastered by Alan Yoshida - the Grundman remasters do not come with a booklet.

Jackie McLean-Let Freedom Ring-Any|Acoustic Sounds

Thanks a lot. I guess it should sound much better than RVG right? Pita that they do not provide booklet, don't understand why?!

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

• 2 weeks later...