IGNORED

Tascam Hi-Res Editor (dsdapp.exe error)

joelha

I've used Tascam Hi-Res Editor on other computers successfully.

But for some reason, on one laptop, when I try to open the program I get: dsdapp.exe has stopped working.

Then I have to close the window which closes the program opening process.

My PC is 64 bit (as is the software), I've tried rebooting, opening the program as an administrator, using Revo uninstaller to clear out the program and then reinstall.

No luck on anything.

Any ideas?

Joel

Check the event log. If no clue there, get procmon, run the prgram with it active, filter log by program name.

A lot of times you will find that permissions for a required resource or registry key have gotten fubar.

Hey rn701,

First and most of all, thanks for the quick reply.

After downloading and running procmon, I came up with this:

12:12:51.2653250 PM consent.exe 10000 CreateFileMapping C:\Program Files (x86)\TASCAM\HiResEditor\DsdApp.exe FILE LOCKED WITH ONLY READERS SyncType: SyncTypeCreateSection, PageProtection: |PAGE_NOCACHE

Any idea what this means or what I can do about it?

Regardless, thanks again.

Joel

Thanks so much again. No permissions related messages.

Would any of these be the culprit?

12:12:51.0913587 PM dopus.exe 7400 RegQueryValue HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers\C:\Program Files (x86)\TASCAM\HiResEditor\DsdApp.exe BUFFER OVERFLOW Length: 16

12:12:51.0918757 PM MsMpEng.exe 2824 FileSystemControl C:\Program Files (x86)\TASCAM\HiResEditor\DsdApp.exe OPLOCK NOT GRANTED Control: FSCTL_REQUEST_FILTER_OPLOCK

12:12:51.1079749 PM csrss.exe 564 CreateFile C:\Program Files (x86)\TASCAM\HiResEditor\DsdApp.exe.Config NAME NOT FOUND Desired Access: Generic Read, Disposition: Open, Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, Impersonating: X240\joela

12:12:51.7436622 PM MsMpEng.exe 2824 FileSystemControl C:\Program Files (x86)\TASCAM\HiResEditor\DsdApp.exe INVALID DEVICE REQUEST Control: 0x902d4 (Device:0x9 Function:181 Method: 0)

12:12:52.2885495 PM MsMpEng.exe 2824 CreateFile C:\Users\joela\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\TASCAM\HiResEditor\DsdApp.exe PATH NOT FOUND Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open For Backup, Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a

12:12:52.6231230 PM MsMpEng.exe 2824 QueryEAFile C:\Program Files (x86)\TASCAM\HiResEditor\DsdApp.exe NO EAS ON FILE

Sorry, I'm stumped.

The suspicious looking entries to me are the OPLOCK NOT GRANTED and INVALID DEVICE REQUEST. Sounds like a hardware/device/port conflict of some sort, like something else is using it.

The other thing is, I looked up MsMpEng.exe which is generating those messages, and I believe it is Windows Defender. If that's on, might try turning it off (or uninstalling it?) to see if that works. Maybe it's protecting/blocking access to some resource your program needs?

• 1 month later...

What aspects of this editor make its conversions from dsd to PCM sound (different) (IMO better by far) than other converters like dbPoweramp? I have used it with SACD rips and LP transfers recorded with the DA-3000. thanks, stephanie

Wrong thread -- moderators please delete.