IGNORED

Whoa! JRemote Display On iPad Pro

mwheelerk

I just set up my iPad Pro. Launching JRemote with full album view is awesome. It's almost like having a full size LP cover in front of you. The rest of the screen views in JRemote are equally impressive.

"If you fly a flag of hate you are no kin to me"

Ry Cooder

I just set up my iPad Pro. Launching JRemote with full album view is awesome. It's almost like having a full size LP cover in front of you. The rest of the screen views in JRemote are equally impressive.

Given it's size, it's also very unlikely that you won't be able to find the remote. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Is there any way to get basic controls to be on that full album view? Love to see the cover but wish I could play/pause/skip tracks while in it.

PS. I think I may need one of those! The ability to markup .pdfs, .dwgs, etc is off the charts on that thing.

David

Is there any way to get basic controls to be on that full album view? Love to see the cover but wish I could play/pause/skip tracks while in it.

PS. I think I may need one of those! The ability to markup .pdfs, .dwgs, etc is off the charts on that thing.

I agree it would be nice to have access to "mini-player" controls on the full artwork view screen. Since I'm on Mac I don't know if Theater View that they have on Windows version of JRiver addresses that.

Interesring and and I didn't know about the mark up ability on .dwg files. Though I'm not an engineer I sell printers ("plotters") for engineering drawings so I am familiar with "markups" and .dwg etc.

Anyway back to the subject at hand I can't say I've gained some technical advantage with the Pro in running JRemote but I love the visual enhancement in all screens of the app.

Ry Cooder

Can you bring the covers up in high resolution?

What would you consider high resolution? I may not properly understand your meaning. Artwork I embed is a minimum of 600x600 with the vaste majority now at 1000x1000. Size of the files varies from a couple of hundred kB to 1.5 mB. Resolution from 72dpi to 300dpi.

If there are flaws in your artwork it will readily be apparent. I went through a painstaking process some time ago to upgrade my artwork to the best version I could find in detail, size, color and accuracy. It's my metadata OCD.

Ry Cooder

I agree it would be nice to have access to "mini-player" controls on the full artwork view screen. Since I'm on Mac I don't know if Theater View that they have on Windows version of JRiver addresses that.

Interesring and and I didn't know about the mark up ability on .dwg files. Though I'm not an engineer I sell printers ("plotters") for engineering drawings so I am familiar with "markups" and .dwg etc.

Anyway back to the subject at hand I can't say I've gained some technical advantage with the Pro in running JRemote but I love the visual enhancement in all screens of the app.

Screen shot of a .dwg file in Autocad 360 on my iPad. Autocad will be introducing more features for the iPad Pro that can take advantage of the Pencil. The Pro may turn out to be a really great tool for onsite annotation, changing, etc of .dwg files.

image.png

I want one!

David

Screen shot of a .dwg file in Autocad 360 on my iPad. With the Pro Autocad will be introducing more features that can take advantage of the Pencil. The Pro may turn out to be a really great tool for onsite annotation, changing, etc of .dwg files.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22558[/ATTACH]

I want one!

That is so cool. I have a meeting with a general contractor this week about my equipment and I definitely will ask about this. I may not use the applications myself but I sure can appreciate it. Although it may be of more interest to the engineering/manufacturing sector

Ry Cooder

That is so cool. I have a meeting with a general contractor this week about my equipment and I definitely will ask about this. I may not use the applications myself but I sure can appreciate it. Although it may be of more interest to the engineering/manufacturing sector

Construction is where the Pro could be worth it's weight in gold. Changes saved to a cloud or Dropbox and everyone is always on the same page. Revisions made in field and everyone has a fresh copy immediately.

I think these things will sell like crazy once people get past the newness and non pro reviews and see what this device can offer to a company.

David

Construction is where the Pro could be worth it's weight in gold. Changes saved to a cloud or Dropbox and everyone is always on the same page. Revisions made in field and everyone has a fresh copy immediately.

I think these things will sell like crazy once people get past the newness and non pro reviews and see what this device can offer to a company.

Great point. Very true.

Ry Cooder

Own an iPad Pro as well and just launched the app but they haven't optimized the app for iPad Pro so it's just an exploded view of the old iPad resolution. Knowing JRiver it'll take them at least several years to do it right. ;D

Own an iPad Pro as well and just launched the app but they haven't optimized the app for iPad Pro so it's just an exploded view of the old iPad resolution. Knowing JRiver it'll take them at least several years to do it right. ;D

I believe the resolution of the album image is dependent on what size images you used when you ripped the files as often the album cover image is incorporated into the FLAC files or at least in a separate JPEG in the same folder. I did not have the foresight to incorporate high resolution images when ripping my files a few years back so most are 256x256 or 512x512 at best so I don't even get super high resolution display on my iPad Air 2. I don't think it's worthwhile for me to re-rip the files or re-assign higher resolution album cover images to my music in JRiver. But ultimately, I don't think the limitation is with JRiver or JRemote.

Now wouldn't it be cool if Jremote could stream an HQ hires promo video to your iPad Pro (Or for that matter any mobile device with JRemote). but play the audio via your audio system. Is this possible??? Thinking about it more, guess it's not that big of a deal. More a novelty.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

I believe the resolution of the album image is dependent on what size images you used when you ripped the files as often the album cover image is incorporated into the FLAC files or at least in a separate JPEG in the same folder. I did not have the foresight to incorporate high resolution images when ripping my files a few years back so most are 256x256 or 512x512 at best so I don't even get super high resolution display on my iPad Air 2. I don't think it's worthwhile for me to re-rip the files or re-assign higher resolution album cover images to my music in JRiver. But ultimately, I don't think the limitation is with JRiver or JRemote.

Not what I meant. The iPad Pro has a native 2732 x 2048 resolution vs 2048x1536 for the older (retina) iPads like the Air/Air 2. Apps have to be adapted to really use the extra pixels available. If they don't, iOS will 'stretch'/zoom the image so apps still run full screen but effectively pixels are 'wasted'.

I have a 13.3 inch Android tablet that I use when traveling. Thought it would be awesome with the Android version of JRemote. But no. JRemote Android is designed for cellphone screens and is decidedly unimpressive on a tablet.

I asked JRiver, and they replied that it is doubtful that they will make a version for Android tablets that matches the layout for iPads.

A shame.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: RPi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Not what I meant. The iPad Pro has a native 2732 x 2048 resolution vs 2048x1536 for the older (retina) iPads like the Air/Air 2. Apps have to be adapted to really use the extra pixels available. If they don't, iOS will 'stretch'/zoom the image so apps still run full screen but effectively pixels are 'wasted'.

I understood your point. My comments on size and quality of the artwork were simply in the larger display the differences in quality seem to be more readily noticeable. I did make a post on JRiver/Remote forum asking about optimization for the iPad Pro. No response as of yet.

Ry Cooder