IGNORED

M2Tech hiFace El Capitan Driver

Before I bought Peachtree X1 replacement last month, I did sincerely consider HiFace 2 - however from what I read even the XMOS-based HiFace 2 cannot run on El Capitan directly, but you have to ask Marco for a firmware upgrade before you can use it on El Capitan, while Peachtree X1 runs without any firmware upgrade / driver.

Given how M2tech handles the HiFace driver, I absolutely do not want to get burnt again when the next macOS Sierra comes out - who knows if Marco has to "re-develop" the firmware again just to fit Apple's requirement and never delivered?

BTW been using the Peachtree X1 for a few weeks now, no issue so far on El Capitan, sounds similar to HiFace did, so I assume it can be a safe choice for replacement.

• 1 month later...
Any news on whether M2 Tech updat d their driver to work with El Capitan? I've been waiting patiently for what seems like years now. I have the original Young DAC. Thanks.

I quote part of the answer that received mid July explaining that Apple is guilty, not them of course. And as for our real problem:

"Therefore, while question 1 (El Capitán) can be answered with "yes, sooner or later", question 2 (Sierra) is still without answer as we can't think of Sierra before completing the El Capitan driver. Chances are that the El Capitan driver will also work with Sierra, when we'll get to complete it.

As many users are in situation, we're offering them (and you) trade-in for a new product based on XMOS (no driver required) against their (your) old product, at a special price."

The price they offered me dealing directly with them is attractive compared with retail price (750€ vs 1340€), but if you consider the amount that charges the distributor and the retailer, M2Tech is doing a very good business and giving no solution to the real problem.

So I didn't continue treating with them.

They are not serious and I have no intention to buy any of their products again.

If you are interested, mail them and try to negotiate a better price because for sure they still have a good margin