IGNORED

M2Tech hiFace El Capitan Driver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe we'll get a driver this year instead? Did the developer elope with the source code, like last time? Was he perhaps abducted by aliens from Alpha Centauri? Is m2Tech even still in business? If so, why? Was their web site in fact developed by a twelve-year-old during computer class? How come my m2Tech audio interface worked immediately upon installing the very latest version of Ubuntu Linux, when the payed (?) workforce of m2Tech is still in a confused stupor several months after Apple released their latest OS X version?

We may never know …

"It is commonly accepted amongst authentic libertines that the sensations communicated by the organs of hearing are the most flattering and those impressions are the liveliest" (Donatien Alphonse François de Sade)

Here is the latest from Italy. Hard to believe a company can be so tone deaf. I'm done with them. Ciao!

Hello,

there's nothing to do Except using the new driver which we can't deliver at the moment. We hope to release it within this month.

Kind regards,

Marco Manunta

M2Tech Srl

Via Giuntini 13/L1

56021 Navacchio di Cascina (Pi)

Italy

Roon Rock with Plixir PS -> Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier II v2 Streamer -> Holo Audio Red DDC -> Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 SE DAC -> Placette Active Linestage -> Elekit TU-8900 with Audio Note upgrade and Western Electric 300B-> Audio Note AN-e Spx Signature

M2Tech = great hardware with software that gives worth

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

• 4 weeks later...

Mytek still hasn't posted a compatible driver for their Stereo 192 either. I believe they both depend on the same third party to provide a driver to them.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Just found this thread. Yikes. I love the device and I am now stuck listening at 44.1/16 until the firmware comes through. I'm bummed, but I guess I'll just have to wait. You know that as soon as M2Tech comes out with the drivers, Apple will come out with a new OS that won't be supported. It's a conspiracy :)

Doug

Tough to blame m2 for USB audio class screw up by apply in their new OS. Or have I missed something?

Yes... You're missing the fact M2Tech don't use USB Class Audio for their earlier products...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

FWIW- I got a very nice email from Marco at M2Tech asking us to be patient. The new drivers were on the way when, according to him, Apple revised something in El Cap that made a month's worth of driver prep worthless.

I'm not saying this is true, but knowing Apple, I would not be surprised.

He says, maybe, 30 more days.

I like my little EVO (one) and I can certainly wait a month for it to be working again. You all should go through this process with Pro Tools. New, super-expensive software means new, super expensive computer control which means new super expensive studio hardware. Oh, and NO support for the few generations old of anything. This is a walk in the park compared to that. That IS a conspiracy :)

Doug

• 1 month later...

Dear Ulf,

please apologize for this overlong delay. We encountered yet another problem while certifying the driver, we hope to solve the problem in a few days.

Kind regards,

Marco

----- Original Message -----

To: Info M2Tech

Sent: Monday, April 04, 2016 11:09 AM

Subject: Re: HiFace 192/24 Digital Audio Interface

We are now at 54 days and I’m still waiting to use my product - this really is not good enough.

Please advise when this will be available?

On 19 Mar 2016, at 16:31, Ulf Pedersen wrote:

Hello Marco…

It’s now been 42 more days, is there any update on this please?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ulf

On 6 Feb 2016, at 14:25, Info M2Tech <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Ulf,

we still can't deliver the driver for El Capitan. I kindly ask you to wait for 30 more days.

Kind regards,

Marco Manunta

M2Tech Srl

Via Giuntini 13/L1

56021 Navacchio di Cascina (PI)

Italy

FWIW- I got a very nice email from Marco at M2Tech asking us to be patient. The new drivers were on the way when, according to him, Apple revised something in El Cap that made a month's worth of driver prep worthless.

I'm not saying this is true, but knowing Apple, I would not be surprised.

He says, maybe, 30 more days.

I like my little EVO (one) and I can certainly wait a month for it to be working again. You all should go through this process with Pro Tools. New, super-expensive software means new, super expensive computer control which means new super expensive studio hardware. Oh, and NO support for the few generations old of anything. This is a walk in the park compared to that. That IS a conspiracy :)

Doug

More an more crap from marco.

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

• 3 weeks later...

Any more News (lies) from Marco????

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did this ever get resolved, I've had a look on their website and there are still no drivers for El Capitan.

Am I to assume they have just given up and have said get stuffed to owners of a HiFace with osx 10.11?

System 1

Audio Note OTO SE Phono

Audio Note AN-j He

Mac Mini 2015 OSX 10.11, Roon

Chord Hugo

Systemdek iix 900 / Audio Note Arm One v2 / Goldring 1042

• 2 weeks later...
My Mac at home is still running 10.10 just because hanging with this HiFace, and macOS is already coming. :(

Am seriously considering to get rid of this crap and buy another driverless co-ax SPDIF USB adaptor instead. Any good suggestion?

Just bought a Peachtree X1 24/192 SPDIF and got rid of the HiFace.

Now my Mac can finally be upgraded to El Capitan, and hopefully later the upcoming macOS.

The HiFace converter has served me good for the past few years, but m2tech did not. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I sent Marco this week:

"Hi,It's been nearly 60 days now. I, and many others, are still waiting.

Do you plan on releasing a driver for El Capitan? Yes or no.

You should know this by now, and blaming it on Apple is rather weak.

If not, I need to find a new adapter, likely a Peachtree.

I just want an answer. I think your customers have exhibited enormous patience since El Capitan's release nearly a year ago.

Thanks,

Mark"

Here's what I got back:

"Dear Mark,

you're right, enormous is the right word. That's also the word that applies to Apple's attitude. You're free to believe me or not. Alas we cannot do without them, if we could the driver will probably be around since 2 months.

We're proposing customers tired of waiting trade-in for their old M2Tech products against new ones at special prices. Are you interested? This is not a way to take advantage of your situation: should we be able to give products for free, we'd do it, but our company is small and it would quickly go bankrupt. All we can do is to null our margin.

Kind regards,

Marco"

So...essentially, in regards to use with Capitan, the HiFace is a non sequitur. At least he is nice enough to try to sell me more. Is it just me, or would I be a fool to have a dead item from him that he now does not wish to support, and I should spend more money on his products?

His response indicates that while the HiFace will not get a driver to work with Capitan, he insinuates that he does in fact have products that WILL work with Capitan...making his "Apple won't help me" excuses seem, as I told him, rather weak.

Forget about Mac and OS X, hiFace driver is part of Linux kernel and works fine... :)

That sounds grand (and somewhat elitist), but I don't at all believe I need to reshape my house's network for the sake of the HiFace...that's killing a housefly with a shotgun, isn't it?

How does Logic react to Linux?