IGNORED

Problem With Backing Up iPhone iOS 9.1 to iCloud

I had just discovered the other day that my iPhone had not been backed up since 9/16/2015. I believe this is the day I updated to either iOS 9.0 or 9.1. I have been on the phone with Apple Care. It turns out there is a known issue with iOS 9.1 and iCloud Storage. When attempting to back up to iCloud I would get the error message "Last Backup Could Not Be Completed".

My reason for posting the thread is to alert those that may be using iCloud storage for their iPhone (it is not an issue with iPad) with iOS 9 to check and see if you have a current backup and if not to be sure you backup your device to your computer via iTunes.

I only discovered this because I was preparing my iPad to be exchanged for an iPad Pro and decided to check backups on my iPhone at the same time. It is not something that has ever been an issue before for me with any iPhone that I used with iCloud backups.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
I had just discovered the other day that my iPhone had not been backed up since 9/16/2015. I believe this is the day I updated to either iOS 9.0 or 9.1. I have been on the phone with Apple Care. It turns out there is a known issue with iOS 9.1 and iCloud Storage. When attempting to back up to iCloud I would get the error message "Last Backup Could Not Be Completed".

My reason for posting the thread is to alert those that may be using iCloud storage for their iPhone (it is not an issue with iPad) with iOS 9 to check and see if you have a current backup and if not to be sure you backup your device to your computer via iTunes.

I only discovered this because I was preparing my iPad to be exchanged for an iPad Pro and decided to check backups on my iPhone at the same time. It is not something that has ever been an issue before for me with any iPhone that I used with iCloud backups.

iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 seems to be fine. image.png

David

iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 seems to be fine. [ATTACH=CONFIG]22430[/ATTACH]

In that window each time I try to inmate a backup or just simply let the Automatic iCloud back up run its course I get a repeating error message in that window under Back Up Now. I have been on with two Apple Support personnel and the last told me it is a known issue and a fix is being worked on.

The good thing for you is that it doesn't seem to be an issue but I wanted others to at least be aware they may not have a current backup.

Frank Zappa

My experience has led me to not trust iCloud backup for anything critical.

Nearfield setup-Matrix Element H USB>Curious Evolved>Yggy OG>Freya+>Mono Trys>Harbeth P3ESR 40th & Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X & Burson Soloist w/ Super Charger> Mr.Speakers Ether 2,& Technics 1500C, Arcromat> SoundSmith Carmen MkII > Zu Mission>Parks Puffin Toslink.. Blue Jeans interconnects, Pangea power cables, IsoAcoustics feet, Goldpoint SW2X

I'm having the same problem. iCloud back up hasn't worked since September 24 which, I suspect, is when I updated to 9.1. I've tried deleting the previous back up but that's made no difference. It's heartening to hear that Apple is aware of this issue and is working on a fix. Wish they would hurry up though!

I'm having the same problem. iCloud back up hasn't worked since September 24 which, I suspect, is when I updated to 9.1. I've tried deleting the previous back up but that's made no difference. It's heartening to hear that Apple is aware of this issue and is working on a fix. Wish they would hurry up though!

I've been on three times with Apple Support the last call they initiated. We have gone through each sequence of trying to backup my iPhone 6+ to iCloud without success. On the other hand on my iPad Air 2 it works just fine. It is not an earth shattering problem but yet I'd like it resolved.

Frank Zappa

Nearfield setup-Matrix Element H USB>Curious Evolved>Yggy OG>Freya+>Mono Trys>Harbeth P3ESR 40th & Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X & Burson Soloist w/ Super Charger> Mr.Speakers Ether 2,& Technics 1500C, Arcromat> SoundSmith Carmen MkII > Zu Mission>Parks Puffin Toslink.. Blue Jeans interconnects, Pangea power cables, IsoAcoustics feet, Goldpoint SW2X

Resolved, well maybe. I was on again this morning with Apple Care. We were doing a restore from the backup on my MacBook. After that I had to setup Keychain again. I had problems with the security code. A senior advisor got on. He helped with the new Keychain issue. Once that was resolved I tried Backup to iCloud again...and it worked. It's the first iCloud backup of my iPhone since iOS 9.1 upgrade in September. I will be curious if it does an auto backup now this evening. I'll check in the morning.

Frank Zappa
  • 1 year later...

I now do not really trust iCloud, especially when I need to back up important files or large-size files like videos and photos. iCloud always throws me this message "the last backup could not completed". What can I do? Following the instructions it offers cannot solve the problem. So I would rather backup iPhone to PC using data transfer software. And I use iPhone Manager that allows me to manage, transfer and backup my iPhone on the computer.

58a1cb8715f90.jpg