IGNORED

Grace and Janis

tne

I have a dislike of receiving catalogs in the mail as it is a waste of paper. However when the postman delivered a new catalog from Music Direct, this photo on the cover gave me a smile. Carry on...

IMG_4498.jpg

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

Yep - same on both counts, catalogs in general and that photo in particular.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Saw that cover and had the same reaction. Nostalgic smiles. My wife had to ask who was with Janis though....I found that disturbing and made me reassess our 33 yr of marriage! To be fair, she is six years younger than me and was only five when Jefferson Airplane debuted. ;)

Love the catalog. Great gear, great music, how can you go wrong?

David

I have never seen that picture...what a good surprise that was the ole postman had for you...last time i saw Gracie was in Seattle in either 75 or 76. An iteration of the Airplane had gotten back together for a too brief moment in time & i was fortunate enough (along with several thousand of my closest friends) to be privy to that reunion..i was on crutches after attempting to ride a Norton when i had no business even breathing at the time...was in the balcony overlooking the stage...for whatever reason there was a very brief lull of near dead silence in the arena the split second after one of the numbers...i was screaming at the top of my lungs "i love you Gracie" and it echoed all over the place just at the exact time the quiet had mysteriously visited...she looked up in the direction of my seat shielding her eyes from the spots...and i will never forget her saying "having a good time up there aren't you"..it was one of those moments ya never forget...that picture was a great recall of arguably the first great lead singing rock and roll chick (for those of you not advanced in years that is what we male sexist pigs used to call females)...thank you TNE....

I have never seen that picture...what a good surprise that was the ole postman had for you...last time i saw Gracie was in Seattle in either 75 or 76. An iteration of the Airplane had gotten back together for a too brief moment in time & i was fortunate enough (along with several thousand of my closest friends) to be privy to that reunion..i was on crutches after attempting to ride a Norton when i had no business even breathing at the time...was in the balcony overlooking the stage...for whatever reason there was a very brief lull of near dead silence in the arena the split second after one of the numbers...i was screaming at the top of my lungs "i love you Gracie" and it echoed all over the place just at the exact time the quiet had mysteriously visited...she looked up in the direction of my seat shielding her eyes from the spots...and i will never forget her saying "having a good time up there aren't you"..it was one of those moments ya never forget...that picture was a great recall of arguably the first great lead singing rock and roll chick (for those of you not advanced in years that is what we male sexist pigs used to call females)...thank you TNE....

Great story involving, as you noted, the very first female rock and roll frontwoman.

JC