IGNORED

Article: The exaSound PlayPoint Stereo/Multichannel Streamer Review

ted_b

Hi dmac6419 - You clearly have an axe to grind and that's OK. However, let me tell you that you're venting to nobody but yourself. 99% of the readers of Computer Audiophile have considered your arguments many times over the years. Yet, they see value in the components discussed on this site and elect to purchase from manufacturers such as exaSound for many reasons. Just because you can't see the value in these components simply means you can't see value in these components. I won't go into all the reasons for costs that are higher than your mass market products, but Google can be a great resource to teach you about high end small number manufacturing and the value consumers see in small leading edge companies who cater to their needs.

If you'd like to discuss the issue further I recommend first searching the forum here for the endless discussions or starting your own thread about the topic.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

audiophoolery.look it up

Hi dmac6419 - Your looking more and more like a troll or just someone incapable of having an intellectual conversation about a topic of concern to you. Stop the insults and change your tone. You are free to share your opinions, but you must do it in a respectable manner. If your version of respectable is what you've already posted, then we have a problem. If not, then we are all good.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

The other problem with what looks likes a high price for such a streamer is the obvious consumer shift away from customers owning and up keeping their own music libraries to ditching this entirely and using music streaming services. It's hard to get your head around 2K, when the services cost $9.95 a month. There is a niche for dsd, multichannel hi res etc, but my guess is these guys also want to flip between these formats (that right now cannot be streamed from a service) to the delight and the simplicity of using something like Spotify connect, Tidal and Pandora. I'm looking for a solution that gives me all options. Both now: but more importantly into the future. This PP sure looks close .... Not quite there yet... But certainly very close. :)

I'll be getting a PlayPoint in for review. I can't wait until Roon integration is completed and I can stream from my local library and Tidal directly to the PP.

just need someone to answer why the uptick and insane prices on audio gear,like i said i read,write and play music and i can get a brand new top of the line orange head for that price,but that was my original question

To many people an Orange head is way over priced and they could simply purchase $250 Randall head to do the same thing. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

That's great Chris. Look forward to the review ! Yes Roon looks awesome. If it handled multichannel and they had of nailed the Spotify deal it would have been icing on the cake !!! We all know why the latter couldn't be achieved (alas). I guess you can't have everything. That's why I've suggested George look to slotting in the Spotify Connect API and maybe a few more like Pandora directly. Now *that* sure would give this little box maximum appeal IMHO. Would hit the ball right out of the park! :)

The problem with items like Pandora is that they won't even talk to you as a manufacturer unless you deliver huge sales volume and can pay serious cash.