IGNORED

Article: The exaSound PlayPoint Stereo/Multichannel Streamer Review

ted_b

Can the display be turned off while playing music (which is what I would want, and one of the things I like about the e22)?

Looking at the manual online it says that a screensaver turns the screen dark 15 minutes after use, but it's not clear if this means 15 mins after touching the screen, or 15 mins after finishing playing music...

George,

Not sure that your reply to Paul quite answers my earlier question that I thought Ted might pick up; can you please help? :

'Can the display be turned off while playing music (which is what I would want, and one of the things I like about the e22)? Looking at the manual online it says that a screensaver turns the screen dark 15 minutes after use, but it's not clear if this means 15 mins after touching the screen, or 15 mins after finishing playing music...'

Also, when using an external USB drive with MPD, does it matter to the Playpoint, or make any difference, what file system the drive is formatted to?

Best

Craig

got a cheap micca box and some software and can do the same thing,I mean i know people ain't buying rack systems and all like a few years ago ,but this is pure robbery,2 or 3 company own all the speaker,receiver,etc,then you got the other group acting like they making specialized stuff,when 99% of the parts come from china anyway,why not get together and try to sell to the masses instead of trying to fleece em

So what does it sound like when you stream DSD 256 files with your Micca box?

craighartley ain't too much of a difference between dsd and pcm if you got dsd files and native equip to play em on yippie,but what the difference between a $5 and a $10 1/4 pound burger,I seen it all in my 52 years ,they selling the audiophile equipment that cost more then the equipment it was recorded on

Well it's the kind of difference I care about. A Micca box would be a total waste of money for me. The PlayPoint seems to do all the specific things I want in a way that's not otherwise available at this price point. And for that it's good value for me.