IGNORED

AURALiC Lightning DS iPhone App

Hello, everyone:

After a long waiting, AURALiC team is going to release the a series of public testing versions of Lightning DS for iPhone starting from next week. We would like to invite existing customers to join our test program so we can finalize the software in another two weeks time then make it available officially within this year.

If you are interested in helping us to make the app better, please send email to [email protected] with the following information:

• Your ARIES device S/N
  • Apple ID

To participate in the test program, you will need to qualify the following requirements:

• Own at least one ARIES, ARIES LE or ARIES MINI with latest firmware
  • Own an iPhone with model newer than 4S running iOS 8.0 and above (4S is still working but not recommended due to its performance)
  • Install Apple's TestFlight App on iPhone to receive the test version software
  • Enough storage available on your iPhone (similar to what is required on iPad, based on your music library size)

After the testing version is available next week, you will receive an email in your Apple ID email box sending by Apple, please open the link in the email using the iPhone which you want the app to be installed then follow TestFlight instruction to receive the software.

If you find anything or have any suggestion on improving the software, please use Feedback function inside the App to send us email directly.

- Xuanqian Wang

@mikey8811 - I don't think they are leaving 4S users out, rather highlighting potential performance issues, which I think is good that they are being upfront about that.

Similar to what Apple, Roon and others have done, a demarcation point of minimum hardware for acceptable performance and/or support.

Barr

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

• 2 weeks later...

How's the responsiveness when restoring the iPhone app to the foreground? Do you see the same delay as it reconnects to the Aries as with the LDS app for iPad? And are you restored to exactly where you were left off before switching the app to the background?

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

How's the responsiveness when restoring the iPhone app to the foreground? Do you see the same delay as it reconnects to the Aries as with the LDS app for iPad? And are you restored to exactly where you were left off before switching the app to the background?

On my 6s its blistering fast. Nearly instant.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

On my 6s its blistering fast. Nearly instant.

Great news as I have a 6s.

But how about where it returns you to? If I'm browsing the artist Led Zeppelin, and then I flip over to check mail, and then flip back to LDS, will I be taken right back to viewing the artist Led Zeppelin?

LDS for iPad does *not* take me right back to the artist I was previously browsing. It should.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Great news as I have a 6s.

But how about where it returns you to? If I'm browsing the artist Led Zeppelin, and then I flip over to check mail, and then flip back to LDS, will I be taken right back to viewing the artist Led Zeppelin?

LDS for iPad does *not* take me right back to the artist I was previously browsing. It should.

No.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I tried it on my iPhone 6s first time yesterday. Well done, when I consider it is still beta. Crashed once after initial start, but after that it worked few hours without any major problem. Wake from background definitely quicker than iPad version, about one second I guess.

Just one thing: it would be nice to have oportunity to SET GRID DENSER. Only four covers on the screen? Almost useless, when you want to scroll through 1000 album library! Twelve (3x4) would be nice... Grid settings (just like on iPad) should resolve it.

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

I tried it on my iPhone 6s first time yesterday. Well done, when I consider it is still beta. Crashed once after initial start, but after that it worked few hours without any major problem. Wake from background definitely quicker than iPad version, about one second I guess.

Just one thing: it would be nice to have oportunity to SET GRID DENSER. Only four covers on the screen? Almost useless, when you want to scroll through 1000 album library! Twelve (3x4) would be nice... Grid settings (just like on iPad) should resolve it.

Hit the feedback button and let Xuanqian know your views. He does listen.

Hit the feedback button and let Xuanqian know your views. He does listen.

I did yesterday, i just wanted to share my opinion on this thread as well...

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

This is my concept of iPhone LDS grid view 3x3. It would seem like this:

image.jpeg

Mr. Xuanqian Wang replied to my suggestion. He wrote, that he will put it in wish list and if more people will ask for this option, they put into settings an option to choose between 2x2 and 3x3 grid view.

So, if anyone like this idea, please, let Auralic know!

Thanks!

ImageUploadedByComputer Audiophile1450558856.650606.jpg

Lumin for iPhone shown working nicely with my Aries. It's immediately responsive when brought back to the foreground and returns to exactly where I left it. It only sees my library though, so not useful with TIDAL.