IGNORED

Sony UDA-1

Hi all. I just picked up a Sony IDA-1 amp DAC to use in my office. I'm running it off my surface pro3 to Monitor Audio Silver 4i (90s era).

I'm really enjoying this little piece it's built like a tank and serves my purpose well. USB input for my hi Rez music and apple airport express through optical for multi room

I am using foobar2000 to play my music thru USB and was wondering if anyone can guide me through a way to remote control the application thru an iPad or iPhone? My goal is to keep it low cost. The unit cost me $299 new, the speakers I've had for years and the computer is just that no dedicated machine.

Any tips or tricks to optimize the sound as well?

Thanks in advance.

Quick update. Just found monkeymote simple and does the trick.

I was wondering about people's thoughts on this unit. Seems to have been overpriced at $799 but at $299 I'm pretty pleased.

Is there any merit to these anti jitter devices. Sorry I'm not up on this stuff.

That looks like a really nice integrated unit. They even did A/B amplification vs D. Interesting choice given the form factor.

DSD to boot. If anyone is going to implement DSD correctly it's got to be Sony.

The other thing I'm sure Sony is more than up to the task is well implemented USB. So no worries there.

Hey Now,

I got a good deal on Woot for a UDA-1, I didn't need it but for $199, what the heck. It is worth every bit of 200 bucks. Not sure I would pay retail for it ?.

I also bought the matching speakers SSHA-3s on Woot for $79. There is a switch on the back if you use these speakers, some sort of equalization for the HA-3s. Sounds very good in the near field environment, which is what I do. There is also some Sony magic for lossy files with DSEE. Haven't tried it yet.

I use a Hafler tuner in the auxiliary input, a Luxman CD transport through an Audio-gd DI via coax and USB for computer audio. I wish I could find another DSD player besides the Sony Hirez Player for the Mac, at any rate DSD sounds real good. The Sony player is pretty rudimentary, but gets the job done. The Sony Hirez plug-in caused havoc with Roon for me. The folks at Roon fixed it post haste.

The more I listen to this bit of kit the more I enjoy it. I got the silver finish for the UDA-1 and speakers.

--

Finest kind,

Chris

- -

Finest kind,

Chris

Hey Now,

I got a good deal on Woot for a UDA-1, I didn't need it but for $199, what the heck. It is worth every bit of 200 bucks. Not sure I would pay retail for it 螺.

I also bought the matching speakers SSHA-3s on Woot for $79. There is a switch on the back if you use these speakers, some sort of equalization for the HA-3s. Sounds very good in the near field environment, which is what I do. There is also some Sony magic for lossy files with DSEE. Haven't tried it yet.

I use a Hafler tuner in the auxiliary input, a Luxman CD transport through an Audio-gd DI via coax and USB for computer audio. I wish I could find another DSD player besides the Sony Hirez Player for the Mac, at any rate DSD sounds real good. The Sony player is pretty rudimentary, but gets the job done. The Sony Hirez plug-in caused havoc with Roon for me. The folks at Roon fixed it post haste.

The more I listen to this bit of kit the more I enjoy it. I got the silver finish for the UDA-1 and speakers.

--

Finest kind,

Chris

Have you tried foobar 2000? Works for PC only but does the job if you have a PC. I also discovered monkeymote remote app for my ipad and can control it all from there. I agree the more it breaks in the more I like it, it fulfills the needs of that system for me.