IGNORED

Audirvana+ playback stuttering

For the last few days a stuttering has started during playback of tracks. It doesn't happen on all tracks in an album but seems to be around 1 in 5 and is not dependent on codec. I have the playback buffer set to 512MB so don't think it is a network issue.

The vast majority of my library is 16/44, 24/96 and a few 24/192

setup is QNAP NAS > Gig ethernet > Router > Gig ethernet > Mac Mini 2015 (i5 & 4GB RAM & OSX 10.10.5) > USB (data only) > Chord Qute EX

Any ideas or things to check, posted this on the A+ forum but it appears to be very quiet with very few visits or posts?

System 1

Audio Note OTO SE Phono

Audio Note AN-j He

Mac Mini 2015 OSX 10.11, Roon

Chord Hugo

Systemdek iix 900 / Audio Note Arm One v2 / Goldring 1042

Why the buffer so low... with 4gb you can use minimum 1536mb, A+ will not be always buffering while playing...

i suppose you are not upsampling... forced upsampling is at: None

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I had it set to 1.5GB originally but 512MB is enough for 12 mins @ 44k and it still stutters so don't think it is a buffering issue. Have never had upsampling switched on.

23061973225_42a32b1b16.jpga1 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

23061973245_1f3ea95d9e.jpga2 by The Biglebowski, on Flickr

System 1

Audio Note OTO SE Phono

Audio Note AN-j He

Chord Hugo

Obviously not a very popular product as no traffic on the A+ forum and no help here either.

Will delete the app and write off the money spent.

Please close the thread.

System 1

Audio Note OTO SE Phono

Audio Note AN-j He

Chord Hugo

sorry... maybe try in DAC thread...

why not update to OSX 10.11.1

you didn't mention if you have the latest 2.2.4 A+

are you in stand alone or itunes integrated?

i have also "hiccups", but only when upsampling to the max... @ 352/384

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Obviously not a very popular product as no traffic on the A+ forum and no help here either.

Will delete the app and write off the money spent.

Please close the thread.

It's a pretty popular product but probably not a very frequent problem. I've never had any stuttering issues and my Imac will soon be on it's 7th anniversary.

Have you tried reaching out to Damien, the developer? He's here on this forum, Damien78.

For the last few days a stuttering has started during playback of tracks

So A+ was fine before... something as changed somewhere.

Stay positive and try to be creative.

Did you change anything before the problem?

Have you done basic OS X maintenance (repair permissions, clean caches)?

I use El Capitan Cache Cleaner - Maintenance & Antivirus Utility for Mac OS X

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

I upgraded to 10.11 when it was first released but with the USB DAC connected went into an endless crash/restart loop so restored a backup of 10.10

Nothing has changed, it is a headless server that only runs A+ and Roon, I don't have updates install automatically and just VNC onto it every few week/months to check for updates. I don't use the Mini for anything else except music.

Not using iTunes integration and there is nothing in my itunes library.

Running the latest beta version with Qobuz integration (think it is 2.2.9), can't remember when it was released but was installed a good while before the stuttering started.

Have just bought the lifetime licence for Roon and that is working fine so I'm not going to play around trying to fix A+ now but thanks for the replies.

System 1

Audio Note OTO SE Phono

Audio Note AN-j He

Chord Hugo

I have occasional stuttering and it's annoying, so I feel your pain. In my case, I over sample power of 2 so I guess it's more expected (but still frustrating). The weird thing is that changing the memory allocated for pre-load seems to have zero effect...nada. I've tried it low like you, and I still get the odd stutter - typically when I do something on the website or another heavy program like Office. So I just leave mine around mid-point (1792MB) - theres on difference. My filter settings are quite different to yours - I use the so-called default settings and it sounds great. Just the occasional stutter.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's