IGNORED

Eagles of Death Metal Issue Statement on Paris Attack

Our hearts and minds are with all of our friends in France.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical to EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> ISO Regen -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

And the really scary part is that it seems like it will continue in other places in the near future. ISIS like ideology is difficult to combat.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I received this beautifully written email from Devialet.... French first and then English

Chers Amis,

Paris est si triste aujourd'hui. Nous sommes profondément meurtris, mais debout pour défendre nos valeurs, et notre fraternité.

Je voudrais tous vous chérir et vous dire que nous sommes tous plus forts que jamais. Nous ne baisserons jamais les bras face à la violence et à la haine. Atteindre notre objectif, répandre la joie est plus utile que jamais.

Dear Friends,

Paris is so sad today. We are deeply wounded but always proud of our shared values.

I would like to let you know I cherish each of you and tell you that we are stronger than ever. We will never surrender to violence and hate.

Reaching our goal of spreading the love is more necessary than ever.

Love

Quentin Sannié

CEO - Devialet

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

I received this beautifully written email from Devialet.... French first and then English

Chers Amis,

Paris est si triste aujourd'hui. Nous sommes profondément meurtris, mais debout pour défendre nos valeurs, et notre fraternité.

Je voudrais tous vous chérir et vous dire que nous sommes tous plus forts que jamais. Nous ne baisserons jamais les bras face à la violence et à la haine. Atteindre notre objectif, répandre la joie est plus utile que jamais.

Dear Friends,

Paris is so sad today. We are deeply wounded but always proud of our shared values.

I would like to let you know I cherish each of you and tell you that we are stronger than ever. We will never surrender to violence and hate.

Reaching our goal of spreading the love is more necessary than ever.

Love

Quentin Sannié

CEO - Devialet

Well said!

Very difficult to discuss the political ramifications here. My intent in starting this thread was more about compassion for Parisians in the present moment and, more particularly, for the rock concert attendees. I was imagining myself at a concert like this and having all hell break loose. And then having the shooting go on and on. I was outraged. It is my impression that too many political pundits have already used this event to advocate their own political positions. While this event will have numerous global consequences and is very politically significant and difficult, perhaps we can allow a little space here for mourning and meditative reflection?

1070957250_Imprimatur.NihilObstatSepia3Crop(2).jpg.2162a44365e84a5df7d456bf8026ed67.jpg

Christopher, thanks.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical to EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> ISO Regen -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I hate being heavy-handed, but this thread will not be dragged into the weeds discussing politics.

I wish the best to everyone, especially my friends at Devialet. I visited the Devialet office twice in 2014 and have nothing but great things to say about the fine people who work there. Their office is only 1.5 miles from the Bataclan, where the Eagles of Death Metal were playing. Despite the tragic events, I'd go back to Paris tomorrow and live my life as if nothing happened. I'll definitely mourn the loss of life, but I refuse to change anything because of the actions of some people who don't have the intellectual capacity to negotiate for what they want instead of using violence.

Founder of Audiophile Style

UPDATED: My Audio Systems -> https://audiophile.style/system

There is a "campaign" to try to get Eagles of Death Metal to number 1 in UK charts.

And echo the sentiments of my sorrow at the loss of life as a tragic waste.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I hate being heavy-handed, but this thread will not be dragged into the weeds discussing politics.

I wish the best to everyone, especially my friends at Devialet. I visited the Devialet office twice in 2014 and have nothing but great things to say about the fine people who work there. Their office is only 1.5 miles from the Bataclan, where the Eagles of Death Metal were playing. Despite the tragic events, I'd go back to Paris tomorrow and live my life as if nothing happened. I'll definitely mourn the loss of life, but I refuse to change anything because of the actions of some people who don't have the intellectual capacity to negotiate for what they want instead of using violence.

x2. Fear shall not win...

Wish you a safe and enjoyable European tour!

Thanks.

There is a "campaign" to try to get Eagles of Death Metal to number 1 in UK charts.

Great!

1070957250_Imprimatur.NihilObstatSepia3Crop(2).jpg.2162a44365e84a5df7d456bf8026ed67.jpg