IGNORED

Upcoming Pittsburgh Symphony Album in DSD & DXD

From Native DSD's Facebook page:

"Coming this Friday from Reference Recordings: the latest album from the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra with Manfred Honeck - Beethoven Symphony Nos. 5 and 7.

Native DSD Music has the original DXD edited master of the album - and we will make the album available not only in DSD 64 - but exclusive to Native DSD in DSD 128, DSD 256 and DXD Stereo and Multichannel as well! All from the original DXD edit master created by the team at Soundmirror, Inc."

Beethoven 5 and 7 - Coming Soon to Native DSD.png

Great news, Brian--thanks! I'm not particularly excited to have yet another Beethoven 5 & 7 in my collection, but the previous Reference releases with Honeck/Pittsburgh have been anything but conventional (their Dvorak 8 in particular is quite the thrill ride), so I'm curious to hear what they do with these repertoire staples.

Russell

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3

An exciting aspect of this release is the offering of all three DSD bit rates, in addition to the original DXD edited master, in both stereo and multi-channel. This is an opportunity for those not using HQ Player to approximate the experience of 128fs or 256fs conversion from a high quality PCM source.

I'm pretty sure nativedsd will offer a combo price for buying multiple format copies of this release.

They've traditionally been a very good orchestra, so I'll look forward to this.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Another great recording in this series. Too bad you couldn't get the DXD on the disc.

An SACD? That's why there's a download biz :)

An interesting aside is from my, and several others listening experience of A Far Cry stereo concert recording I did in 256fsDSD, and mixed in DXD, the resulting 128fs and 256fs DSD conversions back from the DXD sounded more natural and lifelike than the DXD they came from. That's why we're excited to offer all the formats from a very well recorded large orchestra for all to try.

An SACD? That's why there's a download biz :)

An interesting aside is from my, and several others listening experience of A Far Cry stereo concert recording I did in 256fsDSD, and mixed in DXD, the resulting 128fs and 256fs DSD conversions back from the DXD sounded more natural and lifelike than the DXD they came from. That's why we're excited to offer all the formats from a very well recorded large orchestra for all to try.

A Far Cry is a great recording, one I listen to frequently.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

A Far Cry is a great recording, one I listen to frequently.

Agreed, they're a wonderful chamber performance group, and gaining national recognition. The recording on Crier Records on nativedsd was professionally studio recorded by Jesse Lewis. The recording I referenced was a concert performance last month in St. John's Church outside of Boston. It had all the natural spaciousness of a fabulous orchestra, crying kids, barking outside dogs, and all the other treats of live concert recordings. But the Philip Glass Symphony No. 3 was to die for.