IGNORED

Yggdrasil -- which power cord?

16 hours ago, mansr said:

Yes, it depends on whether one listens with one's ears or with one's wallet.

Just realized I missed an opportunity to show you that is not how I operate.

I have a Yggy... Bought it not because of price.   I have Audience speakers.... again not because of price. 

My current preamp?   I did not buy it because of price.  I find it surprisingly good in my system.  I originally bought it just to give balanced cables a try.... and ended up with a pleasant surprise.

The preamp is....   (I kid you not)... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXC9HHW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise. 

• 9 months later...

Update.....

Found at least one power cord that likes the Yiggy.   At least in my system it does.  

And, its far from being one of those 1000 $ cables.

The Audience Forte f3.   

Its the entry level power cord recently introduced by Audience.  I hooked it up to my Yggy with an ..."Oh, what the heck - give it a try," attitude.   In a short while I became very impressed with what I was hearing.

https://www.thecableco.com/forte-f3-powerchord.html

https://www.thecableco.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/512x512/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/u/audience_forte_power_cord.jpg

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise. 

@GeneZ Thanks for posting. I may try that again as I have that on my Naim Hi-Cap, which hates all aftermarket cords (that I’ve tried so far) except the f3. 

My Yggy A2 sounds great with a Synergistic Black that didn’t play well with other components. I tried several cords with Yggy and Gungir, and my Naim system has typically not played well with most choices.

That said, I’ve had some great experiences lately with Transparent Audio Cable interconnect/coax. Their power cords may be worth exploring. Sadly, they are priced high up on the diminishing return curve. So it goes. 

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

2 hours ago, feelingears said:

@GeneZ Thanks for posting. I may try that again as I have that on my Naim Hi-Cap, which hates all aftermarket cords (that I’ve tried so far) except the f3. 

My Yggy A2 sounds great with a Synergistic Black that didn’t play well with other components. I tried several cords with Yggy and Gungir, and my Naim system has typically not played well with most choices.

That said, I’ve had some great experiences lately with Transparent Audio Cable interconnect/coax. Their power cords may be worth exploring. Sadly, they are priced high up on the diminishing return curve. So it goes. 

The Audience cord sounds so good with my Yggy that I am considering selling my tube preamp and using an inexpensive passive preamp I have.  I had been using Pangea power cords.  They sound better than stock cords.  But, this Audience has opened my eyes to how much a better cord can improve what is heard.  But again.  What I discovered is most likely system dependent.

My Yggy has a Hi-Fi  Supreme Tuning fuse. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2019 at 1:44 AM, GeneZ said:

The Audience cord sounds so good with my Yggy that I am considering selling my tube preamp and using an inexpensive passive preamp I have.  I had been using Pangea power cords.  They sound better than stock cords.  But, this Audience has opened my eyes to how much a better cord can improve what is heard.  But again.  What I discovered is most likely system dependent.

My Yggy has a Hi-Fi  Supreme Tuning fuse. 

Currently using an Audio Art Power 1SE with the Yggy. This was a noticable improvement over the stock cable. Particularly the high frequencies.

I thought the Audience Forte f3 was a big step up from the stock cord with my Yggy. It also had the advantage of a relatively light-weight connector. The receptacle on the back of the Yggy doesn't have sufficient grip to properly hold bigger/heavier connectors. I had to physically prop up the connector on a Synergistic Research UEF Blue cable to keep it from coming loose due to force of gravity.