IGNORED

Yggdrasil -- which power cord?

I believe Jason once suggested you look at your house wiring, then ask yourself whether the last three feet really make that much difference.

It's really the first three feet from the perspective of a component. That cord can dictate how quickly the component can draw current to respond to transients. It can also dictate how much noise is radiated in close proximity to sensitive analog circuits.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I like to think the products that command a premium are properly designed as to not be sensitive to that stuff.

In the real world the opposite is true. Better amps are capable of doing a better job of reproducing realistic dynamics. Those dynamic swings can really be unleashed with the right power cords. This is one of the easiest things to hear...and feel.

That you're suggesting otherwise suggests you have no practical experience with premium amps and premium power cords. Is that correct?

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

The attached device has zero clue.

Are you really saying that the component's power supply doesn't see an impedance?

I've also had Pangea AC-9 (If I remember correctly) for 60 days. There was zero difference between that and the 12AWG on a 20 AMP circuit (that's 2400 watts)

I wouldn't expect there to be. That's not what I'd consider to be a premium power cord.

Are you saying there is a huge impedance swing if you take 60 feet of the romex from the breaker box and terminate with various 3 foot 12AWG IEC power cables?

You answered my question with a question. An obvious dodge.

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped debating with the all cables sound alike crowd.

So you are the sole arbiter of what is or isn't a premium power cord...

I challenged your practical experience with "premium power cords". You defended your experience by mentioning only a single cord (priced around $200 as best as I can tell) that you consider to be a premium cord.

I think I've probably tried a dozen different models, ranging from a little over a hundred bucks to $1600.

I wouldn't seek an opinion on premium coffees from a person who's tried only a single "premium" coffee - particularly if the one he's tried isn't highly regarded as premium by those with a lot of experience with premium coffees. Same with audio.

So you are going to drop the impedance argument you were just about to embark on. K, Thx.

I asked you a simple yes/no question. You won't answer this.

I don't go further in debates when I see a person go out of their way to avoid simple yes/no questions.

I'm sure you tried your cables all sighted.

Wrong.

I've had many friends over as well and I swapped cords without them knowing. Consistent results. Very easy to hear.

My apologies to everyone for causing this thread to get off track.

In response to the OP, my recommendation only is to just use the same brand of power cord throughout the entire system. This will ensure more predictable results.

Agree that the pricing of these "audiophile" cables seems ridiculous and have never understood those MIT and Transparent cables with the large boxes of passive junk in the middle...seems kinda goofy to me.

All cables are essentially RLC circuits, as they each contribute resistance, inductance and capacitance. Most cable manufacturers balance those through different construction techniques. MIT & Transparent do that too, but they additionally add tuned parallel filters to try to reduce reactive losses.