IGNORED

Yggdrasil -- which power cord?

These are the Theta dudes, right?

Used a Shunyata with the "magic dust" on my Theta Gen V with outstanding results, glare and edge gone, depth and mid range clarity added. Not sure if Shunyata even used the dust anymore?

Well, a Theta dude-and-a-half. :)

Mike Moffat was one of the founders (in fact if you can find one of the great preamps he designed prior to the formation of Theta Digital, it has a Greek letter theta on the faceplate); Jason Stoddard, who'd previously designed amps at Sumo, worked with Mike on the Theta Cobalt before Mike left the company. I don't know if Jason was an employee, and if so, for how long.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 4 weeks later...
I believe you can fix 200 miles of sin with 3 feet of religion.

Get the most insanely expensive power cable you can manage to drive something that operates in the milliwatt range. Nuke the planet from orbit it's the only way to be sure.

Make sure you not only trust your ears but your eyes also. You have to compare them sighted so you know when the 3rd party cable is installed it's the one sounding the best. Make sure to cook the hell out of it too.

:)

Actually the power coming from outside is almost always excellent quality. It has to meet regulatory standards whereby it will stand up to the crap put into the line *inside* the home and still be acceptable quality.

A power cord could conceivably help in two ways:

- Keep some of the crap from other household electricals out of the audio system.

- Keep some of the crap from the audio component from feeding into the power side of the rest of the audio system.

I haven't tested any cords to see whether they measurably do this. I just wanted to point out the concept of outside power supply as the source of distortion is largely in error.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Reading the Schiit FAQ's leads me to believe that they and I, for some reason, shared in the past many of the same type of customer/s.

One of the principals has literally written a book about his experiences that you can read over at Head-Fi.

Heimdall can also help you bridge the gap from Yggdrasil to Valhalla. Cryogenic cable, of course, brings the frost giants into the mix and is, therefore, not recommended. For some reason Yggdrasil sounds best on Wednesdays and Thursdays...

It's been said that one listen to Yggdrasil will rune all other DACS for you.

One can only stand by in helpless admiration. At least I think admiration is this helpless feeling I'm getting....