IGNORED

PlayClassics master file giveaway for CA members

I just wanted to mention that anyone who enjoys well recorded classical music should take the opportunity to get a code and download these.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Anybody else wants to try? :)

I'd like to give "Cabrera plays Debussy" one last try.

Unfortunately I had 2 unsuccessful attempts.

Thanks

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

We have got some new samples !!

Yesterday, we had a local drummer come into our studio and improvise some solos for us.

The drummer is Carlos Javier García Magaña. The make of the drums is Gretsch and the model is Renown '57.

We recorded these drums the exact same way we record everything else. The only thing that is different is the fact that we had to lower the mic gain by 24dB because the drums were so loud :)

Just like we did with the flamenco samples, everybody is welcome to download these drums samples. Who wants to try first?

Mario Martínez

Recording Engineer and Music Producer

Play Classics, classical music at its best

I would like to try the drum samples Mario.

Thanks in advance.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Yesterday, we had a local drummer come into our studio and improvise some solos for us.

The drummer is Carlos Javier García Magaña. The make of the drums is Gretsch and the model is Renown '57.

We recorded these drums the exact same way we record everything else. The only thing that is different is the fact that we had to lower the mic gain by 24dB because the drums were so loud :)

Just like we did with the flamenco samples, everybody is welcome to download these drums samples. Who wants to try first?

Excellent.

Please send code. You have my contact information already.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

I'm not first, but I'd still like to try.

Excellent quality. The positioning of the individual drums and cymbals is as distinct as if they were right in front of me.

+1 on the drum samples Mario [emoji4]

I just flew home and will fire your fabulous recordings up as soon as I have the chance (whole rig was packed alway for tenants)

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Could you send me the link for the drum samples? Thanks

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Here is the sketch of the drums recording: The proportions are real. The blue area represents the stage. The person in red represents the microphones.

drums.png

The drums are Gretsch Renown '57. The cymbals are Zildjian K series.

The mics are 7'8" away from the bass drum (ORTF setup)

Mario Martínez

Here is the sketch of the drums recording: The proportions are real. The blue area represents the stage. The person in red represents the microphones.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22764[/ATTACH]

The drums are Gretsch Renown '57. The cymbals are Zildjian K series.

The mics are 7'8" away from the bass drum (ORTF setup)

Interesting that you put the mike behind the drummer. That explains why the positions seemed mirrored from a typical setup.

Interesting that you put the mike behind the drummer. That explains why the positions seemed mirrored from a typical setup.

Yes, we placed the drums so that the drummer's back would be facing the mic setup. He suggested we do it this way to hear the cymbals and drums placed relative to his playing position during playback.

Mario Martínez