Mario Martinez

PlayClassics master file giveaway for CA members

Rate this topic

I just wanted to mention that anyone who enjoys well recorded classical music should take the opportunity to get a code and download these.

I'd like to give "Cabrera plays Debussy" one last try.

Unfortunately I had 2 unsuccessful attempts.

Thanks

Sorry about that, I just sent you a new code.

Please let me know if it worked so I can further assist you.

We have got some new samples !!

Yesterday, we had a local drummer come into our studio and improvise some solos for us.

The drummer is Carlos Javier García Magaña. The make of the drums is Gretsch and the model is Renown '57.

We recorded these drums the exact same way we record everything else. The only thing that is different is the fact that we had to lower the mic gain by 24dB because the drums were so loud :)

Just like we did with the flamenco samples, everybody is welcome to download these drums samples. Who wants to try first?

Yesterday, we had a local drummer come into our studio and improvise some solos for us.

The drummer is Carlos Javier García Magaña. The make of the drums is Gretsch and the model is Renown '57.

We recorded these drums the exact same way we record everything else. The only thing that is different is the fact that we had to lower the mic gain by 24dB because the drums were so loud :)

Just like we did with the flamenco samples, everybody is welcome to download these drums samples. Who wants to try first?

Excellent.

Please send code. You have my contact information already.

I'm not first, but I'd still like to try.

Excellent quality. The positioning of the individual drums and cymbals is as distinct as if they were right in front of me.

+1 on the drum samples Mario [emoji4]

I just flew home and will fire your fabulous recordings up as soon as I have the chance (whole rig was packed alway for tenants)

Here is the sketch of the drums recording: The proportions are real. The blue area represents the stage. The person in red represents the microphones.

drums.png

The drums are Gretsch Renown '57. The cymbals are Zildjian K series.

The mics are 7'8" away from the bass drum (ORTF setup)

Thank you Mario for the download code.

I went into the Gretsch web trying to find out how many cymbals and toms in the set before I listen.

Now that you have provided the sketch; it's great.

Will listen tomorrow and feedback.

Here is the sketch of the drums recording: The proportions are real. The blue area represents the stage. The person in red represents the microphones.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22764[/ATTACH]

The drums are Gretsch Renown '57. The cymbals are Zildjian K series.

The mics are 7'8" away from the bass drum (ORTF setup)

Interesting that you put the mike behind the drummer. That explains why the positions seemed mirrored from a typical setup.

Interesting that you put the mike behind the drummer. That explains why the positions seemed mirrored from a typical setup.

Yes, we placed the drums so that the drummer's back would be facing the mic setup. He suggested we do it this way to hear the cymbals and drums placed relative to his playing position during playback.

Yes, we placed the drums so that the drummer's back would be facing the mic setup. He suggested we do it this way to hear the cymbals and drums placed relative to his playing position during playback.

Seems like it worked.