IGNORED

PlayClassics master file giveaway for CA members

Hello Mario,

thank you again for sending me the Debussy files.

The recording sounds great, both via headphone and on my speakers. Especially the rich nuances of the piano, decay and reverb, are excellent.

If possible I would also like to try the flamenco files. Spanish guitar and vocals, this sounds intruiging. Would love to compare it with recordings like Manisero by Marta Gomez.

Hi Mario,

just listened to the flamenco files, thank you for the opportunity.

Excellent examples again, nice imaging, her voice sounds incredible natural and "direct".

A very dynamic recording, especially track 1, for which I attach the musicscope analysis.

Would love to hear more from them !

Flamenco1.flac_report.png

• 1 month later...

Hi Mario,

Happy New Year to you and your team !

Yes, please, I would like to try the rock sample.

Thank you for your continuous support !

Happy new year to all of you !!

I would like to share a new sample. This time we recorded some rock. :)

Here is the sketch for the recording. From left to right it is drums, electric bass, and electric guitar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23147[/ATTACH]

The drums are Gretsch Renown '57. The cymbals are Zildjian K series. (same as in the drums sample)

The guitar is a Gibson Les Paul with Humbucker pickups and a Boss GT-10 pedal.

The amp is a Marshall JCM2000 TSL100 with a Marshall 1960A cabinet.

We have recorded this sample the same way we record everything else. We have used the same fixed setup (stage-hall-mic) and the same fixed recording chain (from mic to master) as we always do without any dynamic range compression. The only thing that is different is the fact that we had to lower the mic gain by 24dB. So please keep in mind that what you are hearing is the sound of a rock band playing on the stage of a chamber music hall. We are not trying to record the instruments, we are trying to record the sound of the hall.

Who wants to try this one?