IGNORED

PlayClassics master file giveaway for CA members

• 4 weeks later...

I can only say that I wish commercial recordings could get drums to sound like this, where the cymbals sound like real brass and not a blast from a air hose. The inner detail of being able to hear the different tuning of all the drum heads in the kit is as good as I've ever heard.

Excellent sounding work!

Thanks for including me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23675[/ATTACH]

+1 on all three comments here. The first thing I felt upon hearing the first effort on the rock trio was how exceptional the drums and cymbals sound. Made me think of the Track record and the Jim Keltner solo on one of the Stereophile test CDs. We got into mixing after that and, yes, it sounded better or more like a rock mix. I haven't heard the "filtered" track but it was headed in the right direction after the re-record. I thought the comment of not knowing about he knobs and stuff from the bassist was funny!

Very nice recording space you have developed. Thanks for inviting us in.

Got a chance to listen to the Normalized rock master. It sounds more congested than the previous version. I guess the reduction in DR shows up in my system and this version sounded more "muddy".

The better hi-res remasters of old rock (Beatles, Chicago, Derek & The D's, etc.) are not compressed at all and sound great. Of course, they used to build small isolation areas around drums etc. in the studio during live takes. The best live rock recordings I have heard are primarily from stadiums or amphitheaters.

It has to be tough to get the balance of the amplified instruments correct in your space. As mentioned above it seems ideal for small combo acoustic recording. Still like the drums though!

Thanks again, Mario

I could be wrong but I find that very hard to believe.

Could you point me to the source of your information?

R

Example: Chicago - CTA - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is 192/24

CTA - Does Anybody Really Know.png

Sorry it's a small picture. I can show you a bunch more.

You should be more careful, I've seen you jump to the wrong conclusion a bunch of times! LOL

Could you run that track through Audioleak? Your graphic doesn't seem to have a scale.

R

Howdy R, First my apologies for a snarky response - bad day at the office! We all sometimes throw out opinion like it is fact. I need to watch myself too.

Just D/L'd AudioLEAK and first time using it so would appreciate your insight on the results. It does look like a good DR on these files I checked: (I don't use foobar either)

CTA - Does Anybody Really Know... 192/24

CTA Does Anybody AudioLEAK.png

Tom Petty - Refugee (96/24from Blu-ray)

Tom Petty Refugee AudioLEAK.png

ZZ Top - I Thank You 192/24

ZZ Top I Thank You AudioLEAK.png

Let me know what you think!

Mario, I think you have tracked down the issues below 100 Hz very well. The final drum normalized and the drum/bass/guitar master are well balanced. Some of the presence of the snare and cymbals have been sacrificed for the good of the whole. I would enjoy hearing the Albeniz Iberia, if you would be so kind. Your recording space and recording chain seem ideally suited to this and I look forward to hearing them at their best! Regards, Jay