IGNORED

Bypass Kmixer in XP?

jb5200

Hey Everybody,

I am using a cheap HP netbook with an external hdd with a USB DAC and I keep reading about the improvement in sound if you bypass the Kmixer in XP. How do I setup my netbook to do this? I am using Media Monkey as my software but have been quite intrigued by the XXHighEnd software forums, would this be better?

Thanks,

jb

Thanks for the link it was awesome! Well I did everything like it said, downloaded the out_asio.dll plugin and copied to the plugin folder in MM. Opened MM and went to options to change the plugin to the new ASIO and went to configure it and for the devices section there is nothing listed. What am I doing wrong?????

I am using a PS Audio DL III via USB and when I use the MM plugin or wave out plugin it recognizes it as USB AUDIO CODEC but when I switch it to the ASIO out plugin theres nothing. What did I miss??? I followed the instructions exactly like the link and many other forums said. Is there a plugin and a driver I needed to download??? The directions from the link just said plugin.

Is it possible that it's b/c I use a USB connection or it is the DAC doesn't accept ASIO??? I'm lost!

To use the out_asio.dll plugin you also need an ASIO driver for your audio interface / DAC ... for most USB interfaces this is the ASIO4all driver. Sorry don't have a link but easily found with google.

I understand (don't use Media Monkey myself) that the waveout plug in also gives you bit perfect results while not needing an ASIO driver.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.